Rubik's Cube Cake Crush

vintage postcards

I want this cake for my birthday! The only problem is that I would want to try to solve the puzzle! That would be a squishy squashy MESS!

Editor: Ummmm.. How are you linking this to vintage postcards?

Marie: Take that! Here's a purty birthday card:) That editor is always busting my chops!

View more birthday vintage postcards here! keywords: anniversaire femme

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

21 cool cats commented:

Patty said...

That would be a yummy and fun cake. I really love to see all the photos and postcards on you blog.

Lydia said...

Honestly, this has to be the most creative cake I've ever seen! Nicely tied in with the postcard, I might add. :)

Marie Reed said...

When I'm feeling down I google pretty or weird cakes! There is something about edible art that is so soothing! It always makes me feel chirpy again!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

What a fun birthday or party cake, Marie Isabelle! I'm glad that your chops still look fine...your the one in the postcard, right? Thanks for sharing your cake find! <3

fortuitous faery said...

haha, that's a cute and challenging cake! i know a shortcut to solving it...slice it away! :P

Sparky said...

I remember how everybody had to have a Rubik's cube in the '70s. I never could solve it. The cake does look scrumptious and fattening (something I don't need with my saddle-bag hips! .. ha ha).
The postcard is delightful and very feminine.
Hope y'all are having a fun Sunday. It's finally raining here and we are so happy! ♥ ∞

Starman said...

That looks more like a wedding outfit than a birthday dress. I prefer the cake because I love the design, though I don't think I'd try to solve the puzzle.

dmarks said...

One of the funnier photos I've seen on the blogs lately is one of someone trying to solve an all-white Rubik's Cube.

steviewren said...

I wonder what happens when a piece of cake is cut and the balance is upset?

Laila said...

What an awesome cake...not only does it look good, it brings back a lot of memories.... (kind of disturbing to see the rubik's cube in a vintage postcards blog =/ lol .... :-))

angelandspot said...

Lovely postcard:) I have given your blog an award. You may see it at my blog. Your blog is fabulous! :)

Linda said...

NIFTY CAKE!!! Blessings

Pat said...

Good idea to Google fun cakes to cheer you up. Making them and eating them is even better.....

ChaChaneen said...

My friend, if you/I lived closer to each other, I would make you this cake! I could do it!

We love Rubik! I got the lights/sounds version in my stocking at Christmas! The fun continues through the years!

Betsy Brock said...

What a clever cake! Just ask to have it decorated with the puzzle already solved so you don't have to mess it up! tee-hee! It looks yummy, too!

Pietro Brosio said...

Lovely cake, but it can't be eaten without the solution! Ahhh! ;-)

soulbrush said...

what a great cake, and what a good link. well done you.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

My son flipped when I showed him this cake! He loves Rubik's Cubes!

Sock Monkey said...

Yummy!!! I want some cake.

Sock Monkey loves cake. Especially CUPCAKES!

x0x0
Sock Monkey

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.