Bacon Dental Floss and Pig Trotters


Bacon dental floss would be nicely coupled with scrambled eggs toothpaste! I cant believe that this exists:)


Yes.. ...this IS a pig's foot vintage postcard. Ste Menehould is a region in France which is famous for pig trotters! Now I've seen everything.

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

33 cool cats commented:

Polly Forns said...

Yuk! Do you think it was bacon-flavored? lol

Pat said...

Wow, that's really something. I've got to Google this. I wonder if floss comes in other flavors beside the classic mint and cinnamon? Peanut butter? Margarita?

Pat said...

Bibi would like bacon-flavored floss....woof.

claude said...

Nice portrait of Rita yesterday.
Can we find a toothpaste with pig foot flavour ?

Catherine said...

Not the best taste ! A question of mode, I guess. What some wouldn't have done to promote their area !

soulbrush said...

oh no!! yuk!!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I saw this floss at Hot Topic the other day and cracked up!

That postcard is freaking me out!! lol!

Marie Reed said...

I found cupcake dental floss too! Spinach flavoured floss hasn't been marketed yet! Someone needs to get to it!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh dear..the smell of pork as you floss...hmmmm...I think I'll stick to mint!

Marie Reed said...

Lol! I use cinnamon myself!

Linda said...

umm...yuck!!lol

Daryl said...

You'd do well to use this after all those Cadbury Eggs and Peeps ...

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Love your previous post of 1940's hairstyle lesson. I am really in to the 1940's, I think women looked great then!
Isabelle x

Virginia said...

This will go nicely with Ken Mac's Greenwich DP post today!HA That's too much, even for southerners!!
V

Anonymous said...

I vote that we give equal time to egg-flavor floss. Think of possibilities: scrambled, over easy, or poached. Who needs breakfast anymore!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

eeewwwww!

Eddy said...

little recipe of cook :
make boil pig feet,
coat with breadcrumbs,
serve with salad dressing
Mmmmm.....

Pietro Brosio said...

I find it funny! :-)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I've never even heard of cinnamon flavoured floss, it must be an American thing, is it? So bacon flavoured just has me amazed! Pigs' trotters seem to be making a comeback - I've seen them on a few menus recently.

ChaChaneen said...

That brand name is hilarious! ha ha I'm glad you explained that was a pigs foot too because I was like.... what the heck is THAT? ha ha

Laila said...

Bacon dental floss..eww...lol.

Although if I had cupcake flavored or otherwise nicely flavored dental floss, there is a possibility I'd actually floss more often...

(Bacon won't do it though....ew...I'd feel like I needed to floss all over again!)

Sparky said...

I love bacon but that's almost disgusting. Ewww ... [lol] ♥ ∞

Linda Hughes said...

OMG! Where on earth did you find these?! I vote Yuck! ROFL!

Anonymous said...

perfect postcard for the pork-lovers!

food-flavored floss seems so wrong, though... :P

Anonymous said...

I'd use bacon floss, but scrambled egg toothpaste? Gah! I guess maybe if I was in a hurry and couldn't have breakfast . . .

PeterParis said...

Yes really quirky, but well worth a post... or two! :-)

ByLightOfMoon said...

You Are TOOO FUNNY!

Smiles, Cyndi

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Mmmm! Bacon!!! Wonder what it tastes like!!

Aimee said...

I love Bacon, but dental floss? That's just wrong!

lorhen82 said...

Ewwww! That's just not right! ~Lori

Joe Narvaez said...

I wonder how it tastes haha

Ken Mac said...

crazy!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Ewww and Yuk! Marie Isabelle, I totally agree with your other commenters -food for floss-and non-vegetarian at that? I don't think so.

I forgot to tell you that I tried your 1940's vintage hair from the March tutorial. Come over and see my hair! It's a post called "Playing Dress Up" right now I'm giving a tour of El Viejo San Juan...so it's the preceding post.

Love your quirks, Miss Marie.