Bonbons à la Violette

vintage postcards

These little violet bonbons will transport your taste buds to the South of France. The whole flower is delicately crystallized in sugar. Sample and savour the sunlight of the Provence.. STOP! I'm starting to sound like a commercial! They are good though.:)


View more flower vintage postcards here.


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

18 cool cats commented:

Shey said...

Looks yummy though. Might try to look for it here.

Lenola Daily Photo said...

they look great, but how could I taste!

Catherine said...

I confirm, delicious, sbtle taste, very special.
These flowers are one of my favorite.

(Yes, absolutely, Marie, you can use Guignol pictures, with great pleasure.)

Virginia said...

Ahh but have you hd the pleasure of have a few drops of violet syrup in your chamgagne? Nectar of the gods!!!
V

Sparky said...

Looks delicious but what does it do to ones teeth!? I'll bet they turn violet. "Brush immediately after consuming." [lol] ♥ ∞

papel1 said...

The violets look too pretty to eat.
Judy

Beth Niquette said...

I actually have an ancient recipe for candied violets!

These are so lovely.

Starman said...

Provence? Are they lavender?

Pat said...

I absolutely LOVE violet candies. My favorites are those Flavigny a la Violette that used to come in a white oval tin and were dispensed in vending machines in the metro. Now I think they come in plastic boxes, oh.

Postcardy said...

Do they sell violet candies in the U.S.?

Anonymous said...

These are good! I like to use them as cake decorations in the springtime....

fortuitous faery said...

shake your bon bons, shake your bon bons...

claude said...

I have some at home ! I love these candies and the "poppy" bonbon too.
When i was little girl, my grandpa
bought them often.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

They are too pretty to eat! They remind me of the pretty pink roses on the current issue of Romantic Home. They are also edible and very pretty as well. Happy Spring Friend! Katie

Anonymous said...

I love violets. Where on earth could I find violet syrup?

Laila said...

Mmm..that candy looks delicious!

Postcardy said...

I couldn't find a place to buy them but I found out how to make them How to Candy Violets and some history Candied Violets from France .

merve said...

if you're looking for reciepe of violet syrup I could give an Ottoman recepie.
put 200 gr of violet in a pot.
pound 2 glass of sugar and rarefy it.
Knead the violet and sugar this way the taste and odour of violet pervades to sugar.
add 4 glass of water to this mixture and boil it.
then filter it from a fine muslin. cool it and the syrup is ready to serve
the turkish name of this recepie is
Menekşe şurubu read as manaksha shroub