Napoleon Bonaparte is on Twitter!

vintage postcards

I found an outlet for my Napoleon obsessed soul! I am tweeting his love letters to Josephine via Twitter. He already has 156 followers who mailed that they like getting the burst of history throughout their day! That's pretty amazing for having been online for just 3 days:)

I even got a mention over at the Napoleon 101 podcast network!
Thanks again Cameron!

If you're already a Twitter junkie you can follow the Emperor of the French; King of Italy, Mediator of the Swiss Confederation, Protector of the Confederation of the Rhine @ItsNapoleon!

News Flash: J. David Markham who is an internationally acclaimed historian, Napoleonic scholar and award-winning author is on Twitter too ! @davidmarkham I am having a Beatle mania - like moment! Hoorah!!!!!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

26 cool cats commented:

June said...

Brilliant !! I love the N B stuff and loved the history of him in Paris so might just take a look at Twitter. I am not a twitterer but maybe in the future lol
Hugs June x

Marie Reed said...

Sounds good June! Napoleon salutes you!

twinkle teaches said...

Very cool! I will have to follow him! :)
tina

SubterraneanSongMachine said...

What a beautiful and crazy idea!

Celine said...

That's pretty neat!

Marie Reed said...

Admireablog and Celine - It's a VERY wierd idea but I'm having a ball with it!

Pat said...

So...is it hot stuff? I don't go on Twitter, but maybe I should.

steviewren said...

Congrats on your Beatle Mania moment in the sun! I hope the moment stretches into a long term event! I love to read famous quotes. They're little nuggets of wisdom.

Anonymous said...

I've only just started on Twitter, and I'm not at all sure it's for me. I haven't got the hang of it t all. :)

Marie Reed said...

Stevie - Thanks! I really needed that encouragement!

Sheila -I am brand new to Twitter too! You can also follow Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, R2D2, and God for that matter:)

Tess Kincaid said...

I don't get Twitter. What exactly is it, anyway?

Marie Reed said...

Willow - Twitter is a micro blogging tool. You 'tweet' in 140 characters or less what you are doing or thinking:) It's a bit addictive!

Carmi Cimicata said...

Now...if you could link it to facebook I would cut down the time I spend online.....

Sparky said...

I'm glad you found a Napoleon outlet. You're so very knowledgeable on the subject. That's wonderful! I need to learn how to Twitter. I'm still in a fog how it works.
Hey, I noticed your blog has over 150 followers now!!?? Wow. Girlfriend, the pressure to entertain is on ... [tee hee] ♥ ∞

Daryl said...

Ditto what Carmi dit

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

What a fantastic idea, Marie! Could you be any more creative? Already following, but didn't know you were the one behind it. Bravo!

ChaChaneen said...

Thanks for your cool JIVES comments about my new blog design. I'm having a ball learning! For example, I just changed my screen resolution and never saw before now that you have a pink background to your page! ha ha I love it! Wow, just think of all the side bar stuff I've been missing! ha ha Now I have to go visit everybody to see what their blogs REALLY look like! ha ha

This NB is pretty neat!

Marie Reed said...

Janeen - I'm glad that you liked the pink background! I didn't even know that it was pink:) I thought that it was cream! I'm color blind! I actually wanted it cream and had to ask Francois to find me the cream background. Lol!

Heather - Yep my Twitter goddess NB is me. :)

Heather has over 1,000 followers on Twitter! Isn't that amazing!

Pietro Brosio said...

Never been on twitter, but I'll visit it.
Have a good evening!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I love that idea! My son is really interested in Napoleon so we are going to check this out! You always share the best information over here, Marie! I love you!

Starman said...

You're so clever. Perhaps you're Josephine reincarnated.

Eddy said...

It's a coincidence, I work all the day in the building where Napoléon and Joséphine get married.
it's not a joke...

ChaChaneen said...

YES it is addicting! ha ha But so fun! For example, I can see that you changed your background to the new earth tone colors instead of pink. Before, I never saw that you even had a background. Sooooo fun!

dmarks said...

Now I know why Napoleon had his hand thrust inside his coat: he was twittering on a hidden blackberry.

I actually have one older blog post that is Napoleon-related that you might be interested in seeing.

Anonymous said...

Please add Camp Sock Monkey to Napolean's followers! Short people stick together. LOL!

Warren said...

You weren't kidding! Very cool idea. And beautiful blog.