Crêpes and Apple Cider

vintage postcards


I just got back from a darling little crêpe restaurant! I had a savoury ham, cheese and potato filled buckwheat crêpe topped with salad and a fried egg! I was a bit shocked the first time I saw a sunny side up egg staring up at me from my plate. It's a delicious combination though!

These little vintage postcard chickadees are drinking cider.. hiccup! The little 'Breton' (someone from Brittany) is holding a crêpe in his hand:) I used a fork myself!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

30 cool cats commented:

Beth Niquette said...

How absolutely darling. And though it is nearly midnight here...well, I want a snack now.

Tch tch tch! (grin)

claude said...

I like to eat some crêpes and to drink a good sweet apple cide and I love this postcard. Very cute !

Jane Hards Photography said...

My mother would adore these images, I adore the crepes. Thay don't taste the same here.

Pears soap postcards? Did they do any?

Celine said...

Aaaaah crepes! *drools all over her keyboard*
Can't live without them!

Anonymous said...

I love savoury pancakes (galettes?). No I don't think I'd be holding it in my hand either, especially not witha fried egg. :)

Pat said...

I love crepes au sarrasin, even with an egg. For my part,I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 'cidre' was of the hard kind, not the apple juice I'd been used to. Hic.

claude said...

My husband likes the croissants aux amandes too !

Betsy Brock said...

Your egg-topped crepe sounds wonderful! What a pretty presentation. Now I'm hungry!

Polly Forns said...

In France they have entire "crepe" restaurants? How cool! Like everyone else, this great postcard just made me hungry. Sigh, I will go have a small yogurt and be off to work today..

Catherine said...

But at home, Marie, we use to roll up the crëpes (sweet ones, of course) and eat them with hands. The tradition.

Marie Reed said...

I'm hungry too! I'm going to have tacos for lunch!

Katie said...

There's a new crepe restaurant about to open near me -- I'll have to check it out! Until then, I'll keep eating my Trader Joe's frozen burritos. Great postcard!

Linda said...

Emm/UMM!!! TYVM..smiles and blessings

Marie Reed said...

I'm such a dork! It took me a while to figure out what TYVM meant! Thank you very much...ohhhh! :)

Daryl said...

There was a restaurant near my old office that served crepes .. it was fun to go there .. they were clevery called: La Crepery!

Postcardy said...

A great postcard of children and food. I'll have to look up TYVM--I never saw that before.

Postcardy said...

I should have just looked closer at Marie's comment! TYVM!

Pamposh Dhar said...

Wish I could join them.. I love a good crepe. Umm. A Crepe Suzette would be sooo good right about now.

Diane said...

anytime i've ever had one it was really messy!

the postcard is adorable. i love their clothing.

Pietro Brosio said...

You've made me hungry with that tasty crepe with the fried egg! Lovely postcard.

Shaunna said...

Wonderful looking site! And thanks for the comment :)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

My husband asked me for crepes this morning! And there's nothing I enjoy more than apple cider! I love it!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Adorable postcard. I love crepes, but don't make them often. I like them from a real creperie and have to go to a French place for that, like Montreal or Quebec. Closest places to me.:)

Starman said...

I had a dinner crêpe at a French resto here in Fort Lauderdale. It was filled with some kind of beef mixture and it was very good.

ChaChaneen said...

This is a darling card~ you have the best collection of cards. I could spend a week looking through your shop!

Oh I wish I was at lunch with you, it sounds delicious! Now that plate would have been a great postcard! Marie at lunch! ha ha

twinkle teaches said...

Oh crepes. I love crepes!!!! I always like blueberry ones for breakfast. yum!
tina

Vodka Mom said...

I'll be right over- we'll do lunch!!!

MuseSwings said...

Mmmm cider and crepes! Your post, as always is a delicious treat!

Unknown said...

I never tried a crepe stuffed with anything-other than fruit before! I haven't even tried breakfast burritos that you mentioned..sheesh! That post card made me hungry:)

Sand

raquel roysdon said...

It's nice to get a flavor of your style anytime I want. Thanks for being there Cpaphil Vintage Postcards.
http://houseofraquel.blogspot.com