'Frostie' - The Bird who Boogies!

vintage postcards
'Frostie' is famous on YouTube for really knowing how to shake a tail feather! This winged fellow moves and grooves to Ray Charles. He has talent with a capital T:)

It takes a second but Frostie REALLY gets his dancing mojo on! This makes me want to add a parrot to my zoo at home of 3 boys, 2 cats, 2 turtles, sea monkeys and an antfarm:) Do you guys have pets? PS. Isn't the vintage postcard whimsical?

23 cool cats commented:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for your comment! your is always very interesting! love all the pics!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanx for your comment! your is always very interesting! love all the pics!!!!

Ming said...

Keep on rockin in the free world!

Marie Reed said...

Do sea monkeys and ants count as pet? .. What about the spiders in my cellar?

Marie Reed said...

Retro Vintage - Your blog is peachy!

Retro Vintage - Your blog is peachy!

Ming - I was soooo excited to see that you are on twitternow!

Catherine said...

Don't you do the same with your head when you'are dancing, Marie ?
Let's be outspoken. That way, you can't go unnoticed.
What a find !

ChaChaneen said...

No we don't have any pets but this summer we've agreed to allow the first one and it will be a cat. The kids are excited too. My girl wants a hero cat. ha ha

Why the wait? Because when they were babies/todd;ers/little people they were high maintenance enough for me. Now that they are older, they can take responsibility for the pet.

PS. I hope you've got some inspiration now (hee hee)

Sparky said...

Now that was a trip!! Yay Frostie! Birds are so funny.
I'll count your spiders in the cellar if I can count the one that lives in our living room window. :o) I've been trying to kill that bad boy for years now. It's become a contest of wills between him and me but I'll get 'em one day ... ha ha ♥ ∞

Chris Overstreet said...

Don't anthropomorphize Frostie -- he is clearly agitated and in distress. :)

As for the card, isn't it just like a woman to pay attention to a camera instead of her man? :)

dmarks said...

I have a zeppelin-related post on my blog finally. It is also of general postcard interest, too.

Pietro Brosio said...

Beutiful postcard! I like the graceful flowers decoration.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

How funny! Thanks for introducing me to Frostie - and that does look like him in that postcard!

Antonia said...

Well not quite nearly the zoo at home that you have Marie.. but 2 cats.. a husband, a pre-teen and as you know, soon a baby will be joining the chaos!!! I love the postcard.... it kind of reminds me of this old book collection of ad cards that my grandma has... her grandmother I believe collected them, they were the litle promotional cards that businesses used to give out during the later part of the 1800s and the turn of the last century.

Very nice!!!

Starman said...

That's funny, thanks for the laugh. We don't have any pets now (we're too selfish to look after them) but when I was a kid we had just about any animal you could name.

Patty said...

Where do you find all you postcard pictures? They are so beautiful.

Frostie is cute. I have no pets. Not sure I want something depending on me.

ChaChaneen said...

We had to come back again so the kids could watch Frostie twist it once more before going to bed. Twist and shake your tail feather! ha ha See you in a few hours!!!

kari and kijsa said...

A beautiful post card!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Love that dancing bird! Frostie can really shake his tail feathers and that thing he does with his neck!

Also love the vintage postcard. We have no pets now, but at one time had a dog and several generations of hamsters. We kept them about a year or two although one actually stayed three years. But at one time we had a Newfoundland and each girl had her own hamster. It's fun when hamsters go missing.:)

sepiadreams said...

Great You Tube on the birdie...How sweet...Hugzzz...Tiina...

Daryl said...

Oh I love this .. I sent it to everyone I know who is suffering the effects of Daylight Savings Monday ..

Laila said...

This is so cute!! Love the pairing of the card & the video, that bird sure knows how to boogie!! :-) lol.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

My kids love that video of the bird! You always find the best stuff! (I know I say this all the time, but it's so true!!!)

lorhen82 said...

That video cracks me up every time I watch it! He even gets a little footwork going on in his dance! Love it! ~Lori