Vintage Postcard Pillow!

vintage postcards

Goodnight! I'm going to cuddle up to this vintage postcard pillow that I found at Flax and Spindle. What a wonderful idea! The card was printed on cotton fabric and than handstitched to the linen 'oreiller' The vintage card is post marked Dec. 22, 1914 and includes a 1 cent US stamp! The handwriting really creams my coffee too!

I would love this in RED though. I'm going to write the seller and see if that's possible. I'll keep you updated!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

24 cool cats commented:

Lydia said...

It has to be the prettiest pillow I've ever seen! I like the subdued color shown here, but would like to see it in red too.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Where on earth did you find this? I can see a huge market for this kind of item. Red eh!

Mescrap said...

Such impressed pillow !!

Pat said...

Boy, that is so YOU! Red would be nice to sleep on. My bedroom is red...

Marie Reed said...

You are right! I'm swooning over it!

Catherine said...

Well, ask the seller to make a discount for a bulk order : )
Don't forget to tell him about the ad in your blog; You deserve a rebate !

steviewren said...

Marie, did you know that you can purchase inkjet fabric sheets that you can run through your own printer. You could use a postcard from your collection, change the color to red and print it yourself. I love this idea. I'm putting it on my list of projects to do. (it's a long list)

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Love the pillow Marie Isabelle! I think its a must for someone who celebrates vintage postcards! I want one too. Come over to Oasis and look at my daughter's photo...she has a pretty smile like you! <3

Daryl said...

Oh I would love of those .. in any color ..

Marie Reed said...

Purple might work too.. Nope .. Red would really match the stamp nicely!

Chris Overstreet said...

Want want want. Must find job. :)

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Hey, that's not a bad idea! Very classy!

Starman said...

If the postcard is simply sewn on, take it off, buy a red pillow and sew it on. Voila!

MuseSwings said...

How beautiful! And perfect for you too.
I tagged you for a Meme = it's fun - stop on by.

muchlove said...

what a wonderful blog! SO many wonderful postcards :)

Sparky said...

That is so cute! It's so you! I hope you can get a whole set. That would look really neat in your office, don't ya think? ♥ ∞

Anonymous said...

I love the pillow too! I think it would look good in red; or neutral pillow, postcard printed in red.

I agree with both Steviewren and Starman though - it could be a partially diy project, then you know you have a one of a kind (just like you!).

twinkle teaches said...

This pillow is beautiful! :)

claude said...

Ve ry nice ! It reminds me a little pillow my american friend Julia sent me for my 50 YO. Something is emboided on it :Old Friends are the Best Friends".
I put it on an armchair in the hall and I see it everyday.

RA said...

I would love to have a pillow like that! Seems so fluffy and relaxing to lay down after an exhausting day. Thank you for stopping by :). I think I will keep the LinkWithIn widget for now. It may appear more slowly than other items on my blog, but seems not to effect the blog's loading speed. Thank you for the inspiration. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

This pillow is simply a "must have" for me! So very cool, Marie. I would love to see this in a nice deep warm coral.

Digital Fortress said...

That is pretty neat. Have to get one for my sweetheart.

Linda Hughes said...

So Lovely!

Joe Narvaez said...

Now, that's a great concept!