Postcard Friendship Friday - Christian Laboutin's Marie Antoinette Shoes

vintage postcards

New to Postcard Friendship Friday? Welcome!! Go read this to get started:)
vintage postcards
Master cobbler Christian Laboutin has designed his latest Marie Antoinette inspired pair of heels. They'll only run you a piddly $6,295! The ankle strap is adorned with a removal wigged out porcelein doll medallion. I say off with her head:)


They come in blush pink, ochre yellow and royal blue. Decisions .. Decisions:)

View more Queen Marie Antoinette vintage postcards here.



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

35 cool cats commented:

Chris Overstreet said...

Oh, go with the pink, definitely. Or save yourself the trouble of deciding and just buy one of each!

Marie Reed said...

You beat meet at being the first commenter on my own blog... you are GOOD!

Linda said...

Ohhhh...funky!! Whoa..lol. I like them though..Blessings.

(I have not decided on what postcard to use..hmm..will look more later. smiles)

Sparky said...

It would be off with MY head if I spent that much on a pair of shoes!! ha ha!! They are pretty though ... :o) ♥ ∞

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for coming by and posting on the little ole blog. Please visit again :)
M

M.K. said...

I must say, the shoes themselves are rather adorable, but those ankle straps - bleck! Just can't get into those!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I am loving those shoes, Marie! If it were me, blush pink all the way! I love the little wigs!!!

(It's so weird to me that it's already Friday there! lol!)

Lydia said...

Hello! I linked to PFF, but my postcards are shown on my blog on Wednesdays because last year I started "Old Postcard Wednesday." The link to this week's postcard is right here!
I have a love/hate relationship with those shoes, Marie!

Postcardy said...

I only wear comfortable shoes. I guess he's using them to get publicity and it's working.

Katie said...

These are over-the-top fabulous! They cost almost double what I spent on my 1991 Honda Civic, but hey. Does Laboutin also make a peasant pair, for when Marie Antoinette was doing dress-down Friday out at her little country abode?

Chris Overstreet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Overstreet said...

Wait... I do what now?

Pat said...

Oh, wow. The heels are too high for me, and the price, too!

papel1 said...

Maybe I should buy those shoes instead of invest in the stock market.
Judy

fortuitous faery said...

i say, off with those heels! haha. i bet marie antoinette herself would have partied hard in these shoes!

they're as pretty as a cake!

here's my PFF entry! :)

claude said...

Nice shoes but not good for my poor feet. Marie I prepare a post about mailboxes.

Four-eyed-missy said...

Now that is what you call killer shoes! The price and the heels can kill you *lol*

Anonymous said...

Stunning shoes! They should be exhibited in an art museum! Your Marie Antoinette postcards are very interesting historical documents!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Did you know he is designing a pair of shoes for Barbie's 50th birthday next week?

Jane Hards Photography said...

No red or purple? It would have to be blue then. Mad and wonderful as always. Amazing amount of info you find.

MuseSwings said...

I think pink - but they micht be a bit distracting at a PTA meeting...
Love your post!

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

I always enjoy your entries, Marie because you find creative ways to combine vintage postcards with current events. Quirky is a perfect description of what you do.
I'm sorry I don't have funny postcards so I have tried to find something that would interest non-Canadian readers. Today I've submitted a Native Canadian postcard for Friendship Friday.
Evelyn in Montreal
Evelyn in Montreal

Catherine said...

When are the sales ?
Oh! in fact Mary. They aren't my kind anyway. I couldn't run at school to pick up my children from school. I couldn't even walk with that.
So funny to illustre your Marie Antoinette's post.
You watch too much Sophia Coppola's movies ; )

Laila said...

Oooh...$6,295 to be that uncomfortable all night? :D lol

Those shoes are wild....!

Catherine said...

I've just realized that I was on the list for today PFF. So I've posted a postcard, but I'm late.
Have a fine week-end, Marie. I really like this meme.

Starman said...

Those are the ugliest shoes I've seen in a long, long time.

ChaChaneen said...

Definitely the blue and those ankle straps, they're a keeper! I mean really, they make the shoes.

As usual Dahling.... fabulous PFF!!

ChaChaneen said...

ha ha ha That's funny! Yes, you and your lovely family are definitely invited to join us! Does Paris have any good hot cocoa for the children you could bring? Mine lurve hot cocoa!

. said...

Bonjour Thanks for the comment on the vintagejournal. What a fantastic bloggy you have. Tres jealous of you my dear. Denise Elizabeth

Eddy said...

Hello Marie,
Very funny shoes, not quite practical for day-to-day life.
But when you're a queen, you don't worry about that...

angelandspot said...

I couldn't ever wear those down to the barn not even for a second at that price. I think I'd rather own a real nice horse or a couple thousand chickens for that price! But then again I'd never have to pay to feed the shoes. LOL

Ana said...

im one of those anti-talented high-heel wearers.....even if its a small one...so this one is totally out of question...couldnt even come to the 'question of price' :)

but they look nice though...if they were flat and with a much much lower price, i maybe would have considered buying them....just a maybe ;)

Happy PFF!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Love those shoes, but I'd never be able to wear them even if I could afford them!:) I'd love to see them in pink. Yellow is so impractical, but probably would get them in blue to hide the stains. Imagine actually walking outside in those. Never!!! I'd wear my sneakers and change.LOL

I posted a really cool Betty Boop picture on my blog. Did you see it yet?

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I really can't imagine who would pay that sort of money for shoes like that. I mean, how many outfits are they going to enhance? :)

Thank you so very much for adding me to Mr Linky, Marie. I've been away, hence my late comment.

. said...

HI

I am joining this for this friday. Let me know if you are not doing this friday postcard event. Thanks Denise