La Vie en Violette

wedding vintage postcards
Josephine Beauharnais wore violets in her hair when she married her little Nappy Bonaparte. She also had her dress emboidered with her favorite purple flower. Her devotion to this delicate blossom didn't stop there. Her favourite perfume was.. .. violet too! Isn't this wedding vintage postcard dreamy?



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

17 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Again, you got me with violets, my favorite flower...okay, along with lilacs.

ChaChaneen said...

Oh this card is lovely! But then again, when do you not have a lovely or amazing card? ha ha Hope your having a great Saturday my friend!

claude said...

I love violet flowers, the violet candies and the violet perfum.

Vodka Mom said...

amour du marie- I les violettes. Et JE VOUS CONNAIS napoléon d'amour ! ! !

Linda Hughes said...

Isn't it romantic?!

Linda said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! We have Wisteria at the new house, and it is so beautiful. Just thought I would mention that. Blessings

Pietro Brosio said...

Very pretty postcard. Yes, a dream.
Have a good Sunday!

angelandspot said...

It sure is dreamy. So pretty.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Beautiful card. Best wishes for a wonderful weekend from Texas!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

You had me at purple ~ What flowers and scent will you be wearing on your wedding day? Will it be violets? An absolutely Beautiful Postcard ~ I adore Love Stories!

starman1695 said...

The girl in the bottom picture looks like she's bored out of her skull.

Pietro Brosio said...

Marie, today it's cloudy and I must say the weather is a bit sad, but in this week we've had bright sun and very blue skies!
About your previous post, I like so much the London mail boxes!

Virginia said...

Well that makes me want a Violette Sparkler - A few drops of syrup violette in champagne. Yes, we drink them down here and we'll drink them in Paris as well. Interested???
V
PS The top photo is lovely. I love her veil!

Margo said...

beautiful! PS - I gave you an award. You can check it out at the end of my post for today. Have a great weekend! :) xxx ooo

lorhen82 said...

It is dreamy and so romantic! ~Lori

Catherine said...

Violets are my favorite too. Imagine a little wedding bunch of violets !

Betsy Brock said...

Violets would be beautiful on a dress on in your hair! Are you thinking of doing that yourself?