I'm Going To Napoleon, Ohio!

vintage postcards
I am:


bedeviled, beset, bewitched, captivated, dogged, dominated, engrossed, fixated, gripped, held, hooked, infatuated, overpowered, plagued, possessed, preoccupied......

by Napoleon and vintage postcards! So.... I'm off to Napoleon, Ohio. I just want to say that I've been there! The largest Campbell's Soup plant is in this bustling town too! Maybe I can rustle up a bowl of Sirloin Burger Chunky Soup. I can already taste the hearty meaty broth:)

Welll... I'm really just sick in bed with the book, The Road to St. Helena - Napoleon after Waterloo! PS. The video is one of the first Campbell soup commercials.



24 cool cats commented:

Chris Overstreet said...

You must must must send me some postcards from Napoleon. The one pictured would be nice... ;)

Starman said...

I used to like Campbell's soup.....until I had my first taste of real soup.

Connie's Poems Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ said...

Congratulations! You have just been awarded the "Honest Scrap" Award.
To view your award and claim it, visit http://conniespoems.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-first-honest-scrap-award.html

MuseSwings said...

I like the beef and barly best!

I have an award for you on today's post - stop by!

Anonymous said...

please send me some of the great postcards which posses heritage value.will be waiting for your mail

fortuitous faery said...

seriously? mmm..mmmm...wow!

but campbell's soup had its headquarters here in jersey. :P

Katie said...

Awesome Napoleon postcard! And so funny to see the Campbell's soup ad, as I went to an Andy Warhol exhibit today.

Ms Cupcake said...

Be sure to share your exciting adventure to Napoleon, Ohio!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Interesting and quirky as always and the video brought back those black and white awful commercials I had to sit through when they didn't have remotes.:)

Thanks for the nostalgia. I always loved the alphabet soup as a child.:)

Pamposh Dhar said...

Hi Marie. I've just given you the Sisterhood Award for this great blog.
Please take a moment to check out the award at my blog Wandering Pam: htpp://wanderingpam.blogspot.com
And please keep the energy of the award flowing with new awardees of your own.
Love and best wishes.

claude said...

Hello marie !
I'am back from an exhibition in Le Mans.
Sure, this week I will post about mailboxes with another surprise.

Pat said...

I love Campbell's chicken rice soup...I grew up on it, but like Starman, I tasted other soups...and now make my own.

Catherine said...

So you're crazy about the name itself ! If I pronounce Napoleaone Buonaparte, it works the same , I guess : )
Take care of yourself, Marie. Get better soon.

PeterParis said...

Napoleon was everywhere, almost! Did'nt know he was also in Ohio! :-)

Ms Dow Antiques said...

Marie --

I love BIG letter postcards -- so kitschy.

Napoloeon Ohio is only a couple of hours away from where I live. And I have a Napoleon Road in my little country town oh Harrod.

Your little man was very popular with the ohio settlers!

Cheers -- Marianne Dow msdowantiques.com

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

You hvae such widespread knowledge 0 I would never play Trivial Pursuit with you!
Evelyn in Montreal

Lenola Daily Photo said...

Hei i don't know how it happens but visit your blog is giving sweetness to me,

greetings from Lenola
too far from Napoleone Ohio but who knows!

congratulation!

Amy said...

I learned something new today. Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

. said...

Oh funny funny. Love your post. Thanks for the comment. Denise

Eddy said...

Napoleon in Ohio ?
yes very pretty poscard of this town in USA...

Anonymous said...

I could use a bowl of get up and go!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Hahahaha!I am actually sipping on a hot cup of Campbells tomato soup right now!

I am an Ohio girl as you know!I love this postcard!!!

Mescrap said...

Hope you enjoy the trip :)

Joel Miller said...

Just found this online and here's a virtual "welcome to our community!" from Napoleon's Chamber of Commerce Director. Hope you had a good time :-). I thought you'd like to know we have a pretty extensive group of old postcards from our town. They're great - like our soup! Let me know if you'd be interested in having some.