Postcard Friendship Friday

vintage postcards

New to Postcard Friendship Friday? Welcome!! Go read this to get started:)



I'm swooning for this perfect patriotic Paques portrait. (Paques means Easter in French:) What a woman! Do you think that she is juggling the ginormous eggs and flag well?

View more patriotic French vintage postcards here:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

31 cool cats commented:

Marie Reed said...

I am one sick girl! I have the flu and am miserable. Yuck!

Catherine said...

So don't speak to me too close, pleeeaase.

I wonder what does she drop first ?
I can help her.
Happy PFF, Marie. Get well soon.

Sparky said...

Oh no, not another one with the flu! Bless your heart! Keep that over there please ... no germs allowed. Another bloggy friend in Ohio I follow (In Good Shape) has the flu too. Yuck. Get well soon.

Lovely postcard. France must be almost a full day ahead of us as it's still Thursday evening here. Now go rest and get better. :o) ♥ ∞

Diane said...

ooh i'm sick too! i think it's going around the blogs... :)

your postcard is lovely. this is my first time participating! thanks for hosting.

Chris Overstreet said...

No, Marie should be only 4 hours ahead of EDT; she obviously cheated so she could go to bed early. :)

Comment dit-on "ginormous"?

Anonymous said...

it's friday the 13th already? not yet in new jersey....but i'll post my PFF already, haha.

she better not drop those eggs and hatch a premature dinosaur... :P

get well soon!

ChaChaneen said...

Oh sweetie! Sorry to hear that you got the bug, what a bummer. I hope your taken well care of this weekend by your little men and get better soon. Blessings!

And yea! I'm lucky number 7 for PFF!

Postcardy said...

I wonder if there are "get well" postcards.

MuseSwings said...

I'm sorry you are sick! I love your patriotic Easter postcard!

Anonymous said...

C’est une carte magnifique chère Marie! Je vous souhaite un prompt rétablissement. Amitiés,

Four-eyed-missy said...

Sick or not, PFF still is on today! Hope you feel better soon. This is a great alibi to stay in bed, but... hehehe. drink lots of orange juice.

Now that's what I call grace under pressure... heavy eggs and a flag to carry with a long dress, then smile at the camera ... ack!

Postcards Crossing

Lydia said...

So sorry to hear you are sick. It's a good thing you have PFF to cheer you and to chase the bug away....hey, you, flu bug, get the heck out of Marie Reed's life!

My Old Wednesday Postcard post this week is Hotel Traymore, Atlantic City, NJ.
Happy PFF.

Pat said...

So sorry you sickie. So far I have escaped the flu.

Love these eggs, and I will color an egg for you this Easter. Serbian Orthodox Easter is the only one I 'do,' so you'll have to wait until April 19th.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you aren't well. I had a few days of it myself. Anyone with a sharp eye would have seen a gap in my postings, so well done you, for managing to keep going!

It's a great card. Massive Easter eggs!

I've posted my offering for this Friday, if anyone is interested.

Amy said...

Hope you feel better. I did this for the first time and had fun. Thanks for such a fun Friday post. Happy Friday.

Margo said...

Thanks, Marie! Hope everyone feels better fast! This is my first time participating too.I found you via Diane's blog.

Digital Fortress said...

I know a lot of people that seem to have this flu bug. The weird thing is that they are spread out all over in different states and I believe you are in a different country. It's a pandemic LOL!

I hope you get better soon.

marie6 said...

Bet she drops the eggs first as they're more difficult to hold!!!

Have got the flu too and I'm in malta!

Daryl said...

Feel better soon ... drink lots of fluids!

MuseSwings said...

Marie! Would you please do me a favor? Pop over to Catherine's and let her know I get an error message each time I try to visit. I can't figure out the problem but this happens every week. Let her know I tried to visit please? Thank you!

papel1 said...

Get well Marie. Maybe you ate that girls egg.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

Starman said...

I'm sorry to read that you're ill, I hope you'll feel better very soon.

Interesting picture. I wonder why they felt the need to include the flag?

Eddy said...

Hello Marie, for PFF, we have the same idea on the French army at the begenning of the XXth century.
John Lennon said
(in a picture): "how I won the war"...

Ana said...

Get better soon Marie and Happy PFF!!
I love this concept to be honest :)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I love love love this postcard! I would blow it up and hang it in my house!

(Get well soon, Marie! Sending you loads of get well wishes!!)

Beth Niquette said...

OOoooh, I'm so sorry you have been feeling unwell. I'm glad my little orchid card cheered you up! And how lovely someone special brought you orchids.

WOW!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Beth Niquette said...

Okay....I have to ask...what is PFF????? I have NO idea!

(grin) Thanks for indulging a "newbie" in blogging!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Marie,
So sorry you have the flu. Hope you're drinking plenty of fluids and try to get some chicken soup into you. You know it's called "Jewish penicillin".:)

Will try to find a cheery picture for PFF. You know it's Friday the 13th.LOL

Hope anyone else who has the flu gets better soon.:)
Posting my PFF soon. Hope it makes you happy.:)

SILVER said...

sorry to hear there's a flu bug in the air.. i like this post too. Not easy to hold those eggs with one arm..

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

I forgot to press Enter when I came here. Now you can see my post.:) Hope you're feeling better!