Exotic Dancers and Shovels.....

vintage postcards

Kids just say and draw the darnedest things! Here is a very tame exotic dancer vintage postcard:) I'm pretty sure that she doesn't part time at Home Depot! vintage postcards


Thank you Tomate Farcie at San Francisco Daily photo for the smiles!



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

18 cool cats commented:

Catherine said...

She already gets Devil's horns !
So funny, Marie, to go with the kid's drawing.

Lydia said...

Well that made me laugh loudly here in the early morning at my computer. My 13-year-old white cat, Feather, even opened one eye! :)

Did you notice that the exotic dancer's name is "Lydie"? funny. She really was a babe, wasn't she.....

Pat said...

That drawing is so funny. Kids' drawings can really be misinterpreted, or else they can misinterpret. Years ago in Readrs' Digest I read that a Sunday school teacher had asked kids to draw the manger scene. All pretty much looked alike, except for one boy's that had a little fat figure amidst the others. When asked who that was, he said, That's Round John Virgin." )'round yon virgin...) :<)

The Blonde Duck said...

Does that girl have fur on her corset?

I bet that poor mom was mortified!

Celine said...

Hahahah! J'adore ce dessin!
Je l'avais reçu par email et j'avais déjà bien rigolé! :)

steviewren said...

Thanks for a laugh first thing in the morning. Perfect way to start the day!

Linda said...

Oh my!!!! {giggling} Blessings

Daryl said...

So she was a cat dancer? Is that a lion 'skin' she's got draped over her shoulder?

Fabulous!

Starman said...

The exotic dancer looks as though she is about to fall over. That is a really big 'shovel' she's dancing around.

Sparky said...

That was funny! Kids do draw the funniest things. The 'exotic dancer' is a bit creepy, don't ya think?! I guess that was sexy back then. ♥ ∞

Eddy said...

"Les Faunes" didn't sale shovels, did they ?
and fabulous history of kids.

ChaChaneen said...

Sooo funny! Sigh... I need to rest from all the laughter.

Chris Overstreet said...

I prefer the postcard to the drawing. The card depicts a simpler time when women were built like women (instead of like the stick figure) and left a little something to the imagination (instead of like the stick figure).

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Marie ~ this is precious! As a teacher, I can very much appreciate it! Thanks for giving me a chuckle tonight!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

I loved this post! I saw this cartoon somewhere else and laughed. It goes well with the dancer postcard.:)

I love what the mother said too. So funny that she tries to explain it. I was a teacher and had some strange excuses for things given to me.:)

Willnnabel said...

Love it! Now that picture is a keeper. If I had your e-mail I would send you a picture of the "butterfly" my daughter drew for school. All I will say is you can tell what "sex" the butterfly is.....
She is now 19, and when I showed her the picture she blushed but we all laughed until we cried.

twinkle teaches said...

Famous bride is Marilyn Monroe aka Norma Jeane! I know without clicking because I spent my tween years collecting Hollywood photos. :)
tina

Anonymous said...

This was hilarious. I am a newly retired teacher of 10 & 11 year olds. I got things like this all of the time, except not quite this funny. You made my day. I have become a follower of yours. If you have time check out my new blog.