My French Vintage Wedding

vintage postcards

Helppppp! I need advice! I don't want a foofy huge wedding dress. I found this one online but am not sure if it has enough razzmatazz! It is certainly elegant yet retains a perky, spring - in - your - step charm. What do you think? Should I order this one?

View more vintage wedding postcards here.

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

36 cool cats commented:

papel1 said...

It looks like something Audrey Hepburn would wear.
Judy

twinkle teaches said...

It is beautiful, classic and definitely like something Audrey Hepburn would wear in the beautiful movie Funny Face. :) I love it!
tina

Lydia said...

I agree with the other comments that it has a Audrey Hepburn sense to it.
Being honest here: if you have the waistline for it, then that's the one!

How exciting for you. :)

claude said...

Pretty wedding dress !
Classic but beautiful.
Very suitable for a spring wedding.
I love th old card. It is so charming !
Really, you get married !

RA said...

What a lovely wedding dress! Best wishes for your wedding :). I love to read this blissful news. Unfortunately I'm not good at fashion advices. It sure looks great. Wish you a lot of joy and blessings as you step into a brand new life.

Marie Reed said...

I am getting re - married! It won't be until next year but I'm trying to plan now so that it won't turn into a stressful event. We don't even have the date set yet:)

Pat said...

That is definitely you; elegant and perky. Go for it.

Hey! My daughter's getting married in September here in Belgrade. Everybody's flying in...

Celine said...

Beautiful Marie!
I love the dress, you should definitely go for this one!

Polly Forns said...

It is stunning! Good luck sweetheart! So smart to select the dress early.

steviewren said...

Okay, did I miss something? Are you getting married soon? If so I do like that dress. The skirt is very swingy. Will there be dancing?

Catherine said...

I won't be helpful on this.
I'm not fond of wedding dresses, not even the celebration !

This Jacquie Kennedy looks stylish, even for an other opportunity than a marriage.

Far better than the postcard dress "tralala" ! : )

Anonymous said...

That is so classic and elegant. I love it!

Betsy Brock said...

You are too cute..yes, pick out the dress first...worry about the date later! :) It's lovely...I choose this one, too!

Linda said...

VERY BEAUTIFUL!!! Blessings

ChaChaneen said...

Oh my stars! You're a bride to be?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! This is so exciting! If you mentioned this before I certainly MISSED it! This is sooo exciting, I can't wait to have a bloggy shower in your honor!

Ok, I'm calmed down now. The dress is just as beautiful as you are! Get it, get it! Order, order!

Daryl said...

Oh I think this is a perfect dress AND one you could actually wear again to a party in the future ... I wore a skirt/blouse wedding dress and I have worn both pieces many times since .. together and/or with other skirts/pants/tops ...

Mazel tov!

Ming said...

Yes. I love it. And it doesn't require scary shoes.

Also, you could probably wear it even after the wedding! (not that you necessarily would...)

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! Order it, now!!!

Chris Overstreet said...

I can offer no substantive advice; just happy to hear that François is eventually going to make an honest woman out of you. :)

Anonymous said...

I like this - I agree with the other posters that this has an Audrey Hepburn feel (the boatneck & cap sleeves). Maybe with a poofy, short veil?

Does the top have pearl beading?

Pietro Brosio said...

I find that wedding dress simple and elegant, but it has no train: you don't care about it, do you? :-)

fortuitous faery said...

when is the big day, ma cherie? i agree with papel1's comment!

it's chic and the length makes it look modern. is that what you want? :)

Sparky said...

I like it. It's elegant! But you wear what pleases you. It's your day, go with it. :o) ♥ ∞

Starman said...

Who's getting married? I thought you were already married. I like the dress. It's elegantly simple.

. said...

So what is your wedding theme. I do love the dress. Thanks for the comment.
Denise

Mescrap said...

The dress is beautiful, elegance & Simple. Good choose.

Eddy said...

A wedding ?
I've the solution for you :
Tell by phone the American actor Martin Short (watch the picture "Father of the bride with Steve Martin & Diane Keaton".
That's the best choice ?

Amy said...

Oh I so love the first picture. that is great. I would wear that one for sure.

Vodka Mom said...

i adore that dress. DO IT. DO IT.

lorhen82 said...

Sweetie...the dress is beautiful, and the razzmatazz will come from YOU!!! =)

Hugs,
Lori

Absolutely Ladylike said...

It's a gorgeous dress...I would go for it :-)

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Ooh okay, now THAT'S classic, beautiful style.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

My vote is for this dress ~ it is understated and elegant ~ just perfect!

MuseSwings said...

It is stunning - and very French!

Margo said...

Absolutely beautiful. You'll be sheer perfection! Getting the dress before setting the date? Definitely!

Alice said...

This dresses are seems to be gorgeous. The looks are great.