C'est Caca Boudin!

vintage postcards
.
This has my vote for the ugliset postcard ever printed! This is a boudin noir sausage. It has a meat, blood, and apple filling. My son has started saying... C'est caca boudin (That's a poo sausage)... to anything and everything he doesn't like. This has turned into a disgusting post! Boys are so weird. This phrase is all the rage among 6 year old boys. Yuck!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

25 cool cats commented:

Unknown said...

This is THE BEST postcard you've posted so far!
The puns and the picture are so cheezy, it makes them all the more funny.

Translation:
"Tu n'es pas un boudin, pourtant je te passerais bien à la casserole" could mean either:
- "You are not a blood sausage but I could cook you in the pan"
or take a (not so subtle) different meaning:
"You are not ugly, but I could do the deed with you"...

Slang French for today:
un boudin = an ugly girl
passer à la casserole = have intimate relations

Thanks for cheering up my Tuesday morning!

Justin said...

I really have to agree with your son... c'est caca boudin! I hate boudin! :-)

Marie Reed said...

Hi everyone! I am in Germany but will be back tommorrow! Hugs!

Celine said...

Rofl! I love that postcard!
But I hate boudin as well!

Mescrap said...

This postcard is so much different and unique compare to others.

Pat said...

C'est bien caca boudin. I remember being served 'boudin moir' at our student restaurant in Aix-en-Provence, and liking it...until I found out what it was. I still ate it then, but haven't ordered it when in France for a long time. Damien explains the text well.

Pat said...

Forgot to say that I love 'boudin blanc'.

claude said...

Boudin noir is good with cooked apples or mixed in a potato salad. But I understand your son do not like it.

Linda said...

You know, Anthony Boudin (sp?) or was it Andrew Zimmerin had this on their program not to long ago and all of us went..EWWWWWWWWWW..LOL BLESSINGS

Jane Hards Photography said...

I lkie your boy's thinking and he's so right. As for the ugliest card ot has to be up there. Gross.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Geez Marie, am I the only ONE person who loves boudin??? No, not the apple or blood filled...I'm talking true Cajun boudin with rice, onions, meat, seasonings, etc.??? I do love it!!!! But the one shown on the post card isn't very appetizing!
Should I really thank you for sharing that post with us???? tee hee!
Be sure and keep us laughing...
everything vintage

Daryl said...

UGH its very ugly and yet charming ... sort of ...

Eddy said...

that's the first expression that each child learn.
It's possible that I've learned too when i was a little boy...

Pietro Brosio said...

I would say it's a special postcard! :-)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Caca boudin is right! Bleh! lol!

Sparky said...

Ewww ... it has my vote for ugliest too! Tell him I agree it is caca.

Starman said...

How could you not know that Lyon has a métro system? Four lines plus 3 tram lines. Of course several bus lines.

Postcardy said...

I think the sausage is kind of cute but they did a lousy job with the type.

Aimee said...

EWWWW! It did make me laugh though!

Clara Mathews said...

Not only is it an ugly postcard, but hair on sausage. Who thought of that advertising gimmick?

Kris McCracken said...

I think that is beautiful.

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Thank you Damien for translating the French.:) The picture and the hair on the sausage plus the description are bad enough. But with these connotations it turns into a whole other postcard.:)

I've never had boudin and think I'd probably hate it too. I can't imagine that combination. Ewwww.

Marie, your son is going through a stage. They love this stuff at that age.:)

Müge Tekil said...

I think this is really one of the ugliest postcards ever printed!

Chris Overstreet said...

Je regarde cette photo, et je pense aussi, "c'est caca". Un garçon très intelligent.

curiousdomestic said...

What a wacky postcard . . . strange food, too.