Train Vintage Postcard and Record Speeds!

vintage postcards

A souped up French train with a 25,000-horsepower engine and special wheels broke the world speed record for conventional rail trains! It reached 357.2 mph as it zipped through the countryside !It roared like a jet plane, with sparks flying overhead and left the world in it's dust.

Editor: Japan’s magnetically levitated trains are still faster.

Marie: I said CONVENTIONAL rail train! You really chap my hide buddy! Vive la France:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS


9 cool cats commented:

soulbrush said...

such an evocative photo. looks like the orient express.

Vodka Mom said...

Je suis monté un train deux fois par jour quand j'étais à New York City la semaine dernière que je l'ai juste aimé ! Je ne peux pas attendre pour le faire de nouveau.

Betsy Brock said...

Now that's fast! ;)

Sparky said...

Pictures of trains are one of my favorite things. :o) ♥ ∞

Catherine said...

We no more see the name of railway stations we go through !
Travel seems still long when you have 3 young children to occupy inside the train coach : )

Linda said...

I love pics. of trains!! TY Marie for having such a beautiful site. Blessings

Daryl said...

I love riding on the train ... the subway not so much

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I like the flowers on this card!

I gave you a little shout out on my bloggy this morning cause you are the best!

Pietro Brosio said...

What a wonderful postcard! I like the old train (very much the steam engine) and the flowers.