Postcard Friendship Friday - Tooting Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards

This little girl is tooting! Catch the grimace on her little face. Fart city:) The actual word 'le fart' means ski wax in English! I had to stop making the French bean dish called Cassoulet. Francois was 'waxing his skis' too much!

See more children themed vintage postcards here.


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

31 cool cats commented:

ChaChaneen said...

Came by to say hi and that I'll be posting PFF tomorrow but I see it's already your tomorrow....Friday! ha ha

By the way, yes I am feeling so much better. Thanks for asking. See ya tomorrow, my Friday!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Funny, Marie!

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia. I used to spend every summer in the UK covering cricket and Wimbledon - and I was always intrigued by the place ``Tooting Broadway''.

Hmmmmmmm ............

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Thanks for the invite to participate this Friday. Looks like lots of fun!
bunny hugs,
shell

Tess Kincaid said...

She does look like she's waxing her skis!!

Nelly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're funny about this postcard. Very cute!
Nelly

Sparky said...

Every since Wednesday's surgery, I've been 'waxing my skis'. Just call me Little Toot. LOL ♥ ∞

julie king said...

what a cute little postcard but yes, i do see that her face is giving her away!! no poker face there!!

lorhen82 said...

You are hilarious! I won't ever be able to look at that card again without thinking about what you said! ~Lori

Linda said...

WAIT!! We can have PFF every Friday!!! REALLY?? COOL!!!

{WAVING from Alabama}

papel1 said...

Its Friday in France so who cares if its Thurs here. I did enter a postcard. No plain cards with this group! Have to find something kind of unusual.

Natalie said...

What a classic! :D

Indie said...

Waxing her skis, eh? Well, there really isn't any other reasonable explanation for that facial expression and head tilt, is there?

June said...

Hello Marie i left a pc on my blog for pff

Her face is a picture on this one hehehehe


http://junesartyretreat.blogspot.com/
Hugs June x

Four-eyed-missy said...

Hi Marie, finally my entry is up. You never seem to run out of funny postcards. I love the cute grimace look on the little girl... hahaha.

Have a great weekend!
Postcards Crossing

Ana said...

Hi Marie

Happy PFF! Im not 100% sure if i had comprehended all the rules right...so if i had missed something, do excuse me, and ill correct myself next Friday :)

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of one I have! :) They often seemed to capture the most peculiar expressions on children! I suppose trying to keep them still long enough was a challenge, never mind the facial expression.

soulbrush said...

what a novel idea marie, i don't get or have any postcards,else i would join in. hugs.

Vodka Mom said...

That is so funny!!!

I loved it.

Sandy said...

Cute card and nice waxing! haha

I hope you're fine =)

Greetings from Sweden, Gotland

ChaChaneen said...

Roll call, I'm here! Happy Friday Marie! Have a great day!

MuseSwings said...

Fun! Lots of stops to make today to see postcards! Thank you so much for reminding me yesterday.

MuseSwings said...

I've visited everyone who is participating - what a wonderful trip that was! Thanks for the fun Friday's Marie!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

That postcard is priceless! My 6 yr looks like this alot lately! LOL! Her nana has been calling her tooter frooter the last few days! hee hee hee!

Starman said...

LMAO @ tooting.

Paul van Yperen said...

Here's Amsterdam for the votes of the Dutch jury:

Marie you're the best!

Bob

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Greetings from Canada,
I'm not sure if I'm doing this in the right place (smile) but I just learned of this Postcard Friendship Fridays and I'm following your suggestion of posting my link.
I am collecting vintage postcards (primarily Eastern Canadian)to enrich my family history and genealogy work. This is a link to one that is about Chubby Checker:
http://acanadianfamily.com/2009/02/05/vintage-postcards-bathurst-and-the-twist/
Evelyn in Montreal

Anonymous said...

Dang it all, I forgot! I knew I would because I'm not in the habit. I just made myself a note to do this for sure next Friday. I don't think any of my old postcards are funny though. They're all probably really boring actually.

KARNA said...

I love these vintage postcards and found the cutest one ever to put on my blog today!!!

Lydia said...

Very funny commentary on this postcard! It sure has a pretty tone to it.

Since I've been doing "Old Postcard Wednesday" at my blog for almost a year I don't think I'll change it over to be a bona fide member of PFF. But I will definitely stop by on Fridays (other days too) and ask that you please don't forget me out there *all alone* on Wednesdays... :(

greetings from Willow to Bonsai!

Pat said...

Yes, we used to have a good laugh at 'farter' when as students in Aix-en-Provence we first learned the term. Actually, 'peter' made us howl too, since we had a guy named Peter with us... And the local bakery occasionally made 'des pets de nonnes,' those airy fried pastries....