Pet Cemetary Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards

Would you like a piece of Hello Kitty zomble cake? Breast or thigh?

Editor: Weren't you planning on posting about the pet cemetary outside of Paris that was built in 1899?



Marie: I'm on task here! Maguerite Durand's (famous french feminist) lion is buried here:)

Here's is a well done video over the cemetary. It'll make you dizzy at first but the closeups of the tombstones are fascinating!

12 cool cats commented:

Catherine said...

Is this cake as good as it seems ? I wonder, with all these vivid colors ...........good for the eyes but for the taste ?

I've never visited this pet cemetery. The one who made the video was certainly a dogs lover. What about cats division ?
At least, it's a curious visit. Thanks to find it and to share Mary.
Will you continue Postcard Friendship Friday ? And what will be the next theme.

Lydia said...

Charming! What an exquisite and intimate expression of love for the pets. We have the ashes of our Old English Sheepdog on a shelf. I have ashes of my two favorite cats, Cirrus and Bleecker, beside my side of the bed. I never thought of our house as a pet cemetery until just now! :)

Marie Reed said...

Catherine - Postcard Friendship Friday will be in full swing next Friday! The theme will always stay the same. Post anything postal related...That includes photos too! You could take a picture of a mailbox or a mailman. Altered postcard art and postcards are always nifty.Stamps. You could even post a photo that you think is Postcard Perfect;) Anything goes! There are no rules!

Just Debbie said...

Oh, the video almost makes me sad. Beautiful postcard!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

You are so fabulous that you can even make a cemetary interesting! The Hello Kitty Zombie cake is hilarious! My son wants to make that for his sister..lol!

Sparky said...

That was precious and so sweet. I don't feel so weird now. :o) I have my own pet cemetery on our property. It's under an enormous oak tree near the human cemetery next door. I love my dogs and even try to treat them with respect after they pass away. I miss them all. [sigh]
About Postcard Friday, I didn't know we could do stamps too! We are stamp collectors and have some oddities in the collection. I'll have to get the camera out and snap a few for y'all.
((Hugs)) ♥ ∞

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie! Sorry I missed postcard Friday. I was out of town until later that afternoon. But, honestly I didn't have another postcard to share. :-)

Love the shot of the pet cemetery in Paris. That's beautiful. I love the fencing around it.

Pietro Brosio said...

Marie, of course I'd like to taste that colored cake...
The postcard is so beautiful!

Starman said...

One shouldn't watch that video when they're already dizzy.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Poor little hello-goodbye kitty zombie!

islandgirl4ever2 said...

WOW!!! I'm about to watch the video now... Looks like Hello Kitty has seen better days!! hehehe...

Pat said...

In all the time I lived in Paris, I never visited the pet cemetery, but I will next time. There are no pet cemeteries here, and people just bury them in parks, sometimes with little markers.