The Easter Monkey

vintage postcards

Johnny boy decided that he'd rather not hide eggs in the backyard this year. He loathes hard boiled eggs and even chocolate ones! (weird kid) He wants to decorate bananas - his favorite food! I'm game! My Sharpie pen is reporting for Easter duty:)




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

27 cool cats commented:

Celine said...

Aaaah Easter is right around the corner! Yay!
Lovely postcard, I love it!

Marie Reed said...

Me too! I can't wait for the Easter monkey to swing down from his tree with a basket full of bananas!

claude said...

Very nice postcard for Earster.
Your previous post are very interesting too.
When I was little girl in Paris, my sister, my cousin and I went entered in a house where we can see full of this kind of pictures.
Those are romantic cards edited in this house.

Marie Reed said...

Good morning Claude! I'm off to visit you! They really are such romantic eye catching images. I'm so addicted!

Lydia said...

Oh, that postcard is gorgeous, yes romantic as claude said.
Did you transform that banana to the fascinating piece of art here? I love it! You could start a new trend. I'm sure there's an international banana federation that would love to get a hold of this idea for an ad campaign!

Marie Reed said...

I nicked this particular image:) But I have been practicing on all of the bananas is my fruit bowl! They don't look quite as nifty but.. I think that it's a fun and funky canvas!

Reader Wil said...

Wonderful postcard! Lovely banana!Easter Monkey! Great that's an interesting new idea for Easter. May be we can take an Easter Duck in Holland!

dmarks said...

That last photo made me think of part of a snake. Very articistic though.

Marie Reed said...

Reader Will - Hoorah for the Dutch Easter duck!

Dmarks - It has sssssertain ssserpent qualities!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! There will be an Easter Banana Hunt this year...and, in lieu of chocolate eggs, chocolate-dipped bananas! Mmmm...

Mojo said...

What a clever idea!

Marie Reed said...

Bryan - Chocolate covered bananananananas sound wonderful!

Betsy Brock said...

That is so cute! And easy for you...no boiling, dyes, hiding! Does he like jelly beans? That's the favorite at our house.

Anonymous said...

My step dad tells my little brother there is an Easter Monkey. Too funny!

Sparky said...

Easter monkey? [giggle] That conjures up hilarious images!
Never thought about drawing on a banana. That would be fun for a party decoration.
Pretty postcard too. ♥ ∞

Mammatalk said...

What an interesting Blog!! Thanks so much for supporting me on my 100 blog dash! This Blog Jog has been so much fun.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

That's actually beautiful! Looks sort of aboriginal. You two are so creative. :)

Miss_Yves said...

Very funny :now , this banana looks like a snake !

Catherine said...

I swap bananas for your chocolate eggs; I can even decorate them if you want to.
Tradition can evolve.... Easter Monkey ? Why not.
I appreciate your artistic taste, Mary.
I order the same on chocolate eggs, with milk and white chocolate. Is it possible ?

The Blonde Duck said...

Holy banana! That's creative!

LEon said...

Nice vintage postcard. Nice decorated Banana too! LOL

Wanda said...

"Yes, we have no bananas"

What a cool idea!!!!

Silver said...

going bananas for Easter! what a cool idea!

ChaChaneen said...

ha ha That is so funny about the boy! Oh well, more chocolate for us to enjoy!

This postcard is a beauty, I love the colors.

Patty said...

That is one awesome banana.

Olivier said...

elle est si mignonne cette carte.

Anonymous said...

Where do you find these wonderful postcards? Awesome!