Mood Dress and Vintage Postcard Fashion

vintage postcards

Have you seen the Bubelle dress? This emotion sensitive dress changes colors according to you feelings! It was designed by electronics giant Philips and works by monitoring physical changes using sensors that are part of the figure - hugging inner layer of the dress. It reminds me of the mood ring I had when I was a kid!


I'm more of a sucker for vintage fashion! Big Surprise!

I have 5,290 vintage postcards with the keyword - femme here.


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

20 cool cats commented:

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Wow! What a dress. Wouldn't want to wear it on a first date.LOL

M.K. said...

Bizarre. So, if the dress detected that you were lonely and needed a hug, would it automatically fall to the ground?

Betsy Brock said...

Mood rings! Weren't those the neatest? My hands were always cold, so it was always black even though I was happy! Oh well! I don't know about this dress! If The Mister walked in the door at night and it was glowing an angry color, he might just walk back out! tee-hee!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! How pretty.

Sparky said...

Oh, I had a mood ring too! I don't think the mood dress would work out though. It's a bit impractical for motorcycling. LOL

BTW, I've put the paste it link to your postcards on my blog. Maybe it will generate more traffic and $$ for you. Hope so. :o) ♥ ∞

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Hadn't thought about mood rings for a while! Thanks for visiting my blog and hope you stop by again soon! M.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I need a mood dress! Then everyone would completely understand when it was PMS time and leave me the heck alone!!LOL!

(I love vintage fashions too!)

Timi said...

That's not a dress I'll be purchasing anytime soon. Sorry Philps. With pre-menopause knockin at my door(ok, tryin to kick it in)it would either look like a strob light or short out and electricute me. I think I'll have to pass on that fun idea.

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting my blog. Always fun to have some one new stop and comment. I'm the queen of the long ass blogs but every once in a while I make it worth that 3rd cup of steaming goodness. When you have time you might want to read about my pending trip to Thailand. However.......don't read while you taking a drink of something. You may just spit it out on accident. :-)
Have a wonderful day and again thank you for visiting. Hope to see you again
Timi

Pam @ Frippery said...

Amazing dress but no so wearable. I love vintage postcards and just found your site. Love it! Pam

Cynthia Pittmann said...

No secrets...talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve...now you can wear it in a bubble all around you...I still love those mood rings!

grace said...

i'd like to wear that dress and properly freak my family out. :)

eKohs said...

Fashion really has no limits.. the only limits are the one who dare or dare not wear it : ) What a dress!

lorhen82 said...

Wow, you would be really easy to track by satellite in that dress! I'd be afraid to cross the street and have someone mistake me for a traffic light! I much prefer the vintage stuff too. ~Lori

Starman said...

I don't know about the "mood" ability, but I like the design.

Pietro Brosio said...

Splendid dress. So pretty and fascinating!

Tess Kincaid said...

LOVE the hat in the vintage pc!

Spök-spök said...

that mood dress is awesome! personally, I want a mood hat!

Sandi said...

I love old postcards! What fun! Thanks for visiting me. I'll be back.
VictorianGypsy
#290

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Sunbonnet Cottage.

Your blog is lovely. I must be by to visit again soon.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie. I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for such a heart-warming comment. I never imagined I would meet such nice people when I entered blog land a few months ago. Your words were very much appreciated.

Hopefully your mail system will be off strike soon.