Baby Picture Fun!

vintage postcards

This is me! Isn't my hippie Daddy-O in the background groovy:) I was going to blog this special delivery vintage piostcard cuteness and thought.... that looks a bit like baby Marie!


PS. Next week I'll be doing a 4 part post on my favorite French king Henri IV:) I'll try not to bore you to tears!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

23 cool cats commented:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

You're right - it looks like the same baby!
As you know I collect postcards of eastern Canada that relate to my work in genealogy, family history etc. In eastern Canada most of our cards are of a serious style - although there are some "exaggeration cards". There is no tradition of romantic or cute baby cards. So I've really enjoyed looking at yours.
Evelyn in Montreal

Beth said...

What a cute picture and you are right . . . it does look like the postcard!

Tanya Breese said...

Haha, Baby Marie does look like Postcard Baby...you are both adorable and lol at hippie daddy! Super groovy!

Tanya Breese said...

Did you get your heat fixed?

Silver said...

Is that you, really? Hey..cool dad!

Tess Kincaid said...

You were too cute, Marie. And you son looks so much like you!

steviewren said...

Cute little you and cute postcard. Your daddy looks a lot like my ex husband when our first child was about the same age as baby Marie. Funny how old pictures can be so alike.

Betsy Brock said...

I can tell that photo is you...your eyes give it away! Cute, cute!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Hey, I'm feeling groovy after seeing that cute little baby Marie...in both images...she does look like you...same pretty enchanting face! <3

Celine said...

I love that postcard and you're right, that little girl looks like baby you! :)

soulbrush said...

whta a sweet baby and your dad is well cooool...

Wanda said...

Thanks for stopping by Brushstrokes!
Love your baby picture with Daddy-O! Too cute.

I have another blog friend from France names Marie!!

I'll be back to see more!

Wanda

Antonia said...

very very cute!

Starman said...

Groovy Daddy is cool. You are still cute.

Catherine said...

You found exactly the perfect postcard. A baby in an enveloppe !
It couldn't be an other depiction for you. Except the time which is wrong.
Father of the 70's. Will we, as parents, look as trendy when our children will show our pictures in their blog ?

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

How precious!! I love your big smile, your Dad's "stache", and the little painter's palette on your dress. Aww...

ChaChaneen said...

Awwwwwwwwwe look at that same adorable nose! You were such a beautiful baby and grew up to be a gorgeous Momma! Such a sweet photo! I lurve it!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Adorable! I'm such a sucker for these baby pictures.:) They're so sweet and innocent. Thank you.

Barbara

Pat said...

Aren't you the cutest thing, and Daddy is hip!

Lydia said...

Both card and photo are adorable. Your daddy is looking at you with such interest and delight. That's a fun expression to capture forever, the look of love on a young dad's face.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

What a fantastic photo of you and your dad! It really does look like the postcard!

angelandspot said...

That postcard is super cute. Hopefully I will find some that cute around here someday. I have been scanning the vintage postcards I do have and putting them on products in one of my stores. http://www.zazzle.com/angelandspot* in the hopes that other people will like them and want to order them as reproduction postcards or on a totally different product.

Sparky said...

You where (and are) so adorable!! And your Daddy-O is groovy man. I like seeing baby pictures. It would make an excellent postcard. ♥ ∞