Postcard Friendship Friday - New Zealand Letterbox

vintage postcards
New to Postcard Friendship Friday? Welcome!! Go read this to get started:)


I have a mailbox crush. I love taking pictures of them! While my friend Jenny was touring around New Zealand she took this one for me! Isn't it wild:) Doesn't it look like a garbage can? I wonder how many tourists have accidentally put their trash in there!

23 cool cats commented:

Marie Reed said...

Happy PFF everyone!

Betsy Brock said...

It's very cool and mod looking! I love the different sides of standard and fast! :)

Silver said...

uh..it's not.. ? sorry, i think i just dropped a banana peel in there a while ago..

Linda said...

WHOA..Talk about odd looking..lol. HAPPY PFF to you.Blessings

Postcardy said...

Can you explain the "Ste. Marie" on the card I posted? I noticed your "tooting" postcard said something about Sainte Marie too, but what is it in English? Something about a godmother?

High Desert Hooker said...

I like! It's so curvy and smooth! Like a bottom!

Four-eyed-missy said...

I love mailboxes! Unfortunately we do not have some thing like that here in Cambodia. You have to go to the post office to send letters yourself.
I am not late today, yahooooooo!! Happy PFF!!!

Postcards Crossing

Patty said...

Wow. You've got some awesome stuff on your blog. I look forward to visting.

MuseSwings said...

I thought the same thing exactly - I wonder how many empty Starbucks cups are in there with the postcards!

Celine said...

That mailbox sure looks like a garbage can! How funny!

Pat said...

Hi, Marie! I am still looking for a Serbian mailbox...seems like there are not too many around anymore. People used to not trust them, i.e. were afraid their contents were never picked up, so they took/take their letters to the post office!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

As you can probably tell, I like mailboxes too, though of course I call them letter boxes. :)

There is one post office I used to visit near work, and their rubbish bin had a large notice on it saying "This is not a letter box!!" They had obviously been having some problems of mistaken identity.

claude said...

Hello marie !
A letterbox which does not look like a letterbox !
The carf of your prebious post is very beautiful !
Thank tfor your new contact by e.mail. I wonder why you did not post on St-Fargeau anymore.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Definitely looks like a trash can to me...but a very hip trash can!

Happy PFF!

papel1 said...

I have no PFF today as I am sitting with my laptop in an RV park with no postcard in my picture file. Pictures are at home. Oh well.....
Judy
P.S. This is the life!

Pietro Brosio said...

Marie, it really looks like a garbage can! A very nice image, and interesting too. Letterboxes are a fine subject for photographs indeed. :-)

Daryl said...

Ah well I am sure you must have many photos of NYC mailboxes ... but I am going to take a photo of the one I always use ...

Starman said...

That's the coolest post box I've ever seen.

Mescrap said...

Oopss...I not realise it's a Letterbox too :p

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks nothing like the mailboxes I'm used too!

twinkle teaches said...

I love mailboxes too! Very cool idea!!!
tina :)

Almost Mrs Average said...

LOL bet the mail collector would be shocked to find a whole load of newspapers ripe for recycling Hee Hee. Glad to meet you Marie. Thanks for the follow and for your very kind words. Just love this site. I'm now going to have to add it to my list of welcome distractions on my other blog, the one that encourages me to do my housework, but where I constantly fail :-D

Pamposh Dhar said...

Hi Marie. I've got a post on my blog for your Friday friendship! Pls check it out.
I think this PFF is a fabulous idea!