Does your Mailman Have Super Powers?

vintage postcards

This gorgeous yet lonely mailbox needs a bit of mail stuffed into it:) I'm sure that this 'facteur' has defrosting super powers! A few stamp plastered envelopes will cheer this icicle clad receptacle for written correspondence right up!

View more mailman vintage postcards here - keyword facteur:)

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

29 cool cats commented:

Pietro Brosio said...

Beautiful mailbox: I think it will be a bit difficult to open it!
Have a good Sunday!

ChaChaneen said...

Oh makes me think of Canada when I see all this icy blue! Brrrr

I hope your water heater is completely fixed and you are enjoying heated water again!

dmarks said...

I should dig out the rare postcard I have of a mobile post office.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Love the color of the mailbox! BRRR! These are the days I am happy to live in the desert!

angelandspot said...

Such a pretty colored mail box. I hope you get some letters and vintage postcards placed in the box. We don't have ice right now but we have blowing snow. Can't wait for spring to arrive for real. We got a tease of spring last week before winter came back.

Pietro Brosio said...

Marie, it's so kind of you to think about posting a wintage card just for me! I live in Turin (Torino), in Piedmont (North of Italy). Maybe (certainly, I think) you have in your collection a fine postcard of the Mole Antonelliana?
Have a great evening! :-)

Starman said...

Your postcard of the mailman reminds me of a video I saw but I can't remember where I saw it.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Oh that's funny! I wonder if they're legally obligated to get out a blowtorch and open that bad sucker up!

Betsy Brock said...

That vintage mailman reminds me of Tom Tipper. He's a British mail carrier in some video stories my boys love....and he rides a bicycle!

twinkle teaches said...

What a beautiful mailbox! :)Such a pretty picture of it,too. Happy Sunday!
:) tina

Sparky said...

Pretty picture but "Brrrr"! I wish it was Spring.
Steve is gonna make us a new mailbox for our new fence. I'll be sure to snap a photo of it for ya. I like mailbox pictures. ♥ ∞

Patty said...

Too funny. What is the address? I would love to send a letter. LOL!

Miss_Yves said...

Thanks for your visit and your kind comment on my blog.
Beautiful shade of "blue"
We can imagine that the mailbox is crying...
The old postcard is so nice ...

Tanya Breese said...

That's a gorgeous photo of the blue mailbox with the icicles!

Anonymous said...

I'm in Canada, and even my mailbox has thawed more than that one! Lovely photo, though there is nothing like getting mail that isn't a bill! [found you through SITS]

marie6 said...

wow your blog is so great and original too. I've enjoyed reading through some of your older posts. thanks for dropping by.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

oooh, what a cool blog you have! i'm going to have to poke around here!

You asked about a shop selling the vinyl lettering from my giveaway- in that post there is a link to the website. Go there and you can order anything you want! However I'll go sprinkle lots of lucky dust on your entry and hope you win first :) I always say I never win those things either, but last week I actually WON one! And it was one with over 400 entries, so now I have new hope, lol. Good luck!

- Sara

Marie Reed said...

I love seeing other Marie's! Marie6 has such an interesting blog about Malta! Go check it out everybody!

Pietro Brosio said...

Marie, I'm looking forward to seeing your certainly amazing post about Turin and the Mole Antonelliana.
Have a nice evening!

Antonia said...

Marie:

I nominated you for an award!!! Please visit my blog when you have a second! Thanks

Antonia

Lydia said...

What a gorgeous photo. But cold! It's rainy and cool here so now I think I must go turn up the heat!
That mailman looks so very serious about his work. :)
Willow's picture is posted and she says hi to Bonsai (and what's the other's name?)!

Anonymous said...

Spring is almost here, icicles fall, mail flies in!! Beautiful color!

Marie Reed said...

I can't wait for those icicles to melt!

The Blonde Duck said...

You may need to melt your mail!

mingus said...

nice one Marie! yeah, i too would like to send a message the box!

Volmon said...

I don't have the time to pop by as often as I'd like, Marie, but I am never disappointed when I do. Thank you for sharing your treasures.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie! Hope you are doing well. I just wanted to ask you if you are located in Paris? I know of two photographers that are coming to Paris for a workshop (they're hosting) and they are looking for a young, beautiful couple to do a fun love session with. E-mail me if you are interested. The date will be April 4.

love said...

Cute baby! Your father looks "cool".
have a great day. Hey spread the word I'm offering 1 free....

Unknown said...

Bonjour! Daryl sent me over and I'm glad she did, you have a wonderful site here.

She told me to send you the link to this post on my blog, about a mailbox in a most unexpected place!

http://www.britgalusa.com/2009/02/you-got-mail.html