Rosy Vintage Postcards

old postcards

I whooped for joy when I found Marie Rose shampoo at the grocery store. Hoorah for sudsy hair care products with my name! Then I read that this is an anti - LOUSE shampoo.


Exit warm and fuzzy feeling stage left!

View more rose vintage postcards here:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

16 cool cats commented:

Ming said...

Well... maybe it means that people named Marie are really clean! ;)

Marie Reed said...

Francois told me that NOBODY names their children Rose in France anymore because of this shampoo... It's a shame because it's such a pretty name. Marie is to common(I mean beloved) to get rid of:) Even men used to have Marie tagged onto their names ex. Jean- Marie!

ChaChaneen said...

Oh what a shame is right! The pic of the rose is lovely! What beautiful gift tags they would make. Hmmm, how cute that would look, to have a postcard gift tag. Do you have anything like that in your shop?

Pietro Brosio said...

The picture of the rose is so beautiful!

Chiloe said...

I don't agree with François. Rose is coming back as a baby name (and it's also Emma third name, yes maam, and she would love to be named Rose) Rose is seeing as a very elegant name now and you would find it among the upper class rahter than with the poorest who prefer to name their children with american names (Jenifer, Kevin were among the favorite 10 years ago ;-) ) I don't even know that shampoo; maybe it's an old one? You made me laugh with the shampoo !!! (I thought , why is there an anti lice shampoo on this blog??)

I own lots of WWI postcards (you know the ones with the soldiers on it).

Thanks for your visit ;-)

Chiloe said...

Hope François doesn't hate for contradicting him ;-) lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Marie! I love vintage postcards although my collection is still rather small. I'll be back to visit you again!
~ Lynda

Starman said...

They've been running an anti-lice shampoo ad on TV here, it must be the season.

Lydia said...

The singular for lice is louse. I'd say it was really "lousy" to find that this shampoo isn't a designer spa product!

Sparky said...

Marie is such a lovely name. It goes good with Rose! And you're not "lousy" (like the commenter said above). But I could have told people that. Exiting warmly and fuzzily ... :o) ♥ ∞

Mescrap said...

Such a beautiful postcard.
Valentine day just around the corner :)

Pat said...

Too bad about Rose! Lice shampoo usually smells very medicinal, but this one literally leaves you smelling like a rose, I guess.

soulbrush said...

roflol, sooo funny. hugs.

Silver said...

how nice of you to pop in for a visit- such an honour for me cos you've got such a cool collection here.. i am an old soul.. so anything vintage.. i'm in!

(can't say the same for this irky lice syampoo though.. but the rose is too pretty for words!)

smiles,

Silver

Daryl said...

So, if you use this shampoo all the LOUSY men in your life are rinsed away? I could have used some of that back when I was single.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Some of my most favorite people in the world are named Marie. My favorite Aunt is Doris Marie, My cousin ~ Diane Marie, and two of my nieces (one whom is my fave) So Marie is a very good good name and so is Rose!) Have a very HaPpY and wonderful Valintine's weekend! Katie