No Pants Subway Ride

vintage postcards

900 New Yorkers shed their breeches for the annual 'No Pants Subway Ride!'

The Rules:

  • Act casual
  • Tell people that you just plum forgot your pants, you didn't have any clean ones, that pants are just uncomfortable etc....
  • Don't forget your jacket!



Be sure to enlarge the NYC subway vintage postcard. The gents aren't missing any outerwear!

See more New York City vintage postcards here:)

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

19 cool cats commented:

Sparky said...

Toooo funny!! But since they're in New York, probably nobody noticed (or admitted to noticing!). :o) ♥ ∞

Natalie said...

Totally excellent! xx

Polly Forns said...

It DOES look like no one even noticed! That is hilarious!

Betsy Brock said...

Rules...act casual...ha-ha yes, I love that...and don't shiver! Brrrr!

I love the old postcard...those arches are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got the package. Enjoy it and I be sure to stop back in a little bit. Because of you I've been inspired to do a photo party. Not a postcard, but something like that.

Jane Hards Photography said...

It's far too cold for that. You do have the coolest posts.

Daryl said...

Get out! That didnt happen here .. did it really? And no one called me!

Tess Kincaid said...

Fun-eee! I actually did look closely at the vintage pc to see if any of them were missing theirs!

Spök-spök said...

That explains why I saw 3 different people walking around in the snow with no pants on recently!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I hope they did this in the summer! LOL! That's so funny! (shh...don't tell my hubby about this activity...he'll go to work that way!)

Pietro Brosio said...

The old postcard is fantastic.
About No Pants Subway Ride, here we wouldn't dream of it! :-)

lorhen82 said...

I'll bet wherever these people were going after the ride was an interesting time!!! I don't think our dress code here at work specifies whether or not you have to keep your pants on! ~Lori

Pat said...

I can't believe people (even New Yorkers) actually did this!!! I'm about to Google this to see what went on...or off.

ChaChaneen said...

That's hilarious! Leave it to New York! ha ha Great post card too, I like the tunnel!

Starman said...

In January? In New York? Brrr, no thanks.
Here's the official website for those interested: http://improveverywhere.com/2008/01/16/no-pants-2k8/

soulbrush said...

this is hysterical, wonder what would happen if they did this in london! hee hee. hugs.

dmarks said...

I think of that Seinfeld episode with the naked guy in the subway sitting across from Jerry.

ByLightOfMoon said...

WHat a funny find! Awesome idea and it looks like it worked!

Smiles, cyndi

ByLightOfMoon said...

What a fabulous funny find! Great ideas and it looks like it worked!

Smiling, Cyndi