Baby Vintage Postcard Meets Darth Vader

vintage postcards

This cake has my vote for the best 'It's a girl' sugar confection ever! Darth Vader has gently rocked this bambino to sleep. Doesn't the sparkly icing looks melt in your mouth good?


The French have trouble with the pesky English 'th' sound. Darth was therefore renamed Dark Vader in all of the French dubbed movies:) My cool radar is whooping!

Browse through more baby vintage postcards here:)

The cake photo is from an ultra groovy blog called Cake Wrecks!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

21 cool cats commented:

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

I saw an Ace of Cakes recently where they made a wedding cake that had vintage postcards from different places that meant something to the couple all over it. If you want to see it go their website:

http://www.charmcitycakes.com/noflash/
index.cfm?rd=cakes
Go to their videos and pick the Vintage Postcards. You'll love it. I thought of you when I saw it.

Barbara

Marie Reed said...

Wowww! I love it! Whenever I feel a bit blue I google 'pretty cakes' and scroll through the images! It works like a charm to lift my spirits:)

June said...

Excellent creative and great info too
Hugs June x

Pat said...

I hope Dart or Darth didn't sing the baby a lullaby in that wheezing, raspy voice of his.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

That cake is hilarious! Marie, I love, love, love visiting you!

Sparky said...

Now that's the strangest cake icing I've ever seen!! Can you imagine going to the bakery and ordering that? "You want WHAT lady??" LOL I like the vintage postcard it was cute. ♥ ∞

Patty said...

Good morning from frigid, cold Ohio, it's 6 above zero at the moment. I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. Love some of the old post cards you have displayed. If you like to look at cakes, you might enjoy this spot.
http://cakes100.blogspot.com, I asked the young lady if her and her Mother made these and she said no, but they do vegetables and fruits. I think she told me she's twelve but I'm not sure what country she lives in. She also has a blog called My Vision and there is one showing art using pencils and also a blog showing vegetables and fruits made to look like animals and such.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie. Thanks for the checking me out on delightfulblogs.com Hope you are having a great Thursday.

Retro Heather said...

That Darth Vader card is the best ever!!

Daryl said...

What a funny postcard ... and I love that Dark Vader ... I too would have been whooping

Cynthia Pittmann said...

'Dark Vader' contrasted with such pink and white baby softness. Ewe!
Cool coolness, Marie Isabelle!

The Blonde Duck said...

I would paint my house to look like that icing!

June said...

Marie, tell me where i go, what i do etc for postcard friday and i will be there hehe
Hugs June x

Catherine said...

Vador is not darK ? But, I thought !
Your postal card is so cute. How to show the new baby and the new car.

My post is ready to publish, Mary.
I'll come and see tomorrow how you organise the Friends bloggers.

Starman said...

But will he turn the cute little thing to the Dark Side?

Anonymous said...

You always find the absolute coolest stuff to share!

soulbrush said...

lurv that black and white oldie photo.

dmarks said...

I could imagine that some children might find the rhythmic hiss of Darth's mechanical ventilation system to be soothing.

david mcmahon said...

Icing always gets my vote!

deb said...

How cool! Thanks for the explanation of "pansy", really appreciate it and very interesting =)
Love, love vintage ;)

Thank you!
*hugs*deb

Anonymous said...

Sad how in the vintage photo they seem to disregard the presence of the maid or governess or whatever she is.