Zum Muttertag - For Mother's Day

vintage postcards

Johnny-boy drew this colorful contraption. He told me that he's the pilot and that we'll fly to Pompeii in this 'real real real fast plane!'

Here is a little Mother's Day ditty from Noah. He wrote me in German! My little chipmunk loves learning languages:)

Hooray! It was a flower and fun - filled Mother's Day!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

58 cool cats commented:

Mike said...

I wish I had your son's passion for new languages at his age. Its easier learning a new language when you're young. I'm trying to learn Chinese now - its hard. I use the Pimsleur course at the moment.

Pat said...

Bravo to Noah for his sentiment, his linguistic ability, and his handwriting. It's better than some older kids's penmanship.

Robin said...

What fun mother's day gifts. Handmade with love - the very best kind!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

How adorable! I enjoyed the drawing as well...I kept reading the words he wrote thinking that's not any French I know...when I read yours: it's in German! Of course! How clever! :-)
Love to you and your family, Marie Isabelle <3

RA said...

Das war bestimmt eine tolle Ueberraschung! Die Schrift erinnert mich an meine Schulzeit. Habe einen schoenen Tag, Marie :)

magiceye said...

that is so sweet a gesture

vincibene said...

Bravo to Noah! Today languages are so important!
And bravo to Johnny for this colorful picture!

Gemma Wiseman said...

You must be so proud of your son! What a great effort specially for his Mum!

Mamapippa said...

So lovely !

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day and your kid is so sweet. Artistic too. Thanks for the visit Mari. Nice to know another blog around.

Inday said...

Yes, it's nice to keep all our children's work of arts. I keep mine too including their write-ups. That is why, I'm filled up with junk (treasures)from my children's work. That is very nice for your Noah to make that for you. One lucky Mutter here.

Becky K. said...

How fun! My Chelsea made cards for the Grandmas and me this year. She had a great time and I know I'll be keeping this one forever!

Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Have an awesome Monday!

Martha said...

What a cool little blog you have here! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for stopping by :-)

Veronica Lee said...

I totally agree with Robin!

Judi said...

The postcard made for you is lovely with a fun story too. Your son is learning German? Good for him. I will be back to read about this...interesting.
I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day...and the sun shines today too.
Judi

SmilingSally said...

I love that neat handwriting! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Clueless in Boston said...

I love the colors in his drawing. Children have such a great eye for color. Have a great week.

SILVER said...

That's absolutely too sweet! Happy Mother's Day , Marie.

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a smart and sweet little guy you have! :o)

Catherine said...

Noah knows German ! I don't even know a word !
Does, johnny take passengers ? If it's as easy and fast as he says, I'd like to go to Pompeï in the next trip at the ending of May for Mother's day.

Ruben Hestholm said...

Thank you for looking through my blog, and for the nice comment you left

Betsy Brock said...

In German? I'm so impressed! Lovely really, really fast plane, too! :)

jeanne said...

Oh, I loved your quirky sweet post today. That is a pretty good airplane. Good job. Loved the note too.

Hugs...Jeanne

papel1 said...

What great gifts for Mothers Day. Learning new languages. Drawing. Thats great!

Susan Cook said...

Great pic & poem from your son. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. TFS

Mary Bergfeld said...

Fascilty with language is God's gift to the young. Happy Blue Monday.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Joyce said...

Tell Noah that I think it is great that he is learning a new language!
Joyce

jabblog said...

Lucky mama, lovely boy. Cherish him, as I'm sure you do, for they grow so fast.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I really like this. The colors are wonderful. Hope you had a great Mother's Day. :-)

Sharon said...

Very nice drawing! Happy Mellow Yellow Monday:)

Ann said...

how very sweet!!I just loved to get handmade cards and gifts from my kids..they are now 25 and 27..and I would still prefer something they made.
Noah makes me feel like a log...I only know English..used to know a little german,but have forgotten it now.

Nukke said...

So cute Mothers Day presents you have got !!!!

Thanks for your comment in my blog :)

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

What the heck? Your son is learning German? How cool! Do they speak German in Austria? The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies.

Edelweiss... Edelweiss... :)

Daryl said...

German is not an easy language, I think he has an excellent ear .. does he like music?

maryt/theteach said...

Marie, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Talented children you have! :)

ellen b. said...

Oh how very sweet! Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. Happy blue to you...

Pietro Brosio said...

Beautiful drawing, Marie!
About TAV, for the time being there are not the funds to build it! :-)

Bryan said...

Happy Mother's Day! Noah sounds like quite the intelligent boy. Not only did he write words to show his appreciation for you, but I'm sure you also felt proud as you read it.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a fun Mother's Day gift! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your Blue Monday.

Blessings,
Sandi

JD/ Jill said...

Thank you for the visit to my blog...and the nice comment about the blue ocean water...that I did go in while I was visiting...never thought about the sharks! Yikes....

Judith Richards Shubert said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day gift. A little multi-linguist!

I've left you an award, 2009 Friendly Blogger Award at my blog, Tennessee Memories. See you there!

Beth Niquette said...

What an amazing young man! You must be so very proud.

Starman said...

That's a very clever young man you've got there.

Anne Marie said...

SO sweet...it looks like a tulip lying down to me :) either way; totally cute.

Unknown said...

Awwwwww ... that is so cute !!! :-)

I'm currently trying to learn Spanish. It's sort of by immersion, as we have so many Spanish speakers here in the US..

Anonymous said...

The drawing and poem are real treasures. What special Mother's Day remembrances for you.

Kathy b

Anonymous said...

The drawing and poem are real treasures. What special Mother's Day remembrances for you.

Kathy b

Terry said...

Oh how wonderful .
Such a beautiful post.
Wow and a multi language Mothers Day ! That is simply fantastic.
Thank you for sharing today.
Happy Blue Monday to you.

Fifi Flowers said...

ADORABLE... LOVE it!

pchickki said...

Love the little card from your munchkin! What a cutie!

Mozi Esme said...

Those are amazing! I love the plane...

Hope you had a terrific mother's day!

Golfersmom said...

That is so sweet.

tapirgal said...

What a wonderful blog you have! I'm sorry about the bruises, but that's a fun way to cover them! I wish I'd known about you when I found a lot of vintage postcards at my grandmother's house. If I come across any more, I'll send them to you and you can give them a new life!

Lenie said...

What a lovely mothers day gift.

That much nicer than the expencive gifts from the store.

Lenie

Janine said...

Hallo Marie,
thank you for joining my blog.
It seems, that we both have a preference for the early 20th century.
I love your vintage- postcards (and your avatar, cause I´m crazy for the muppet show)
I have a giveaway running right now. Maybe you want to join that.
And here a little note to Noah:
"Bravo, das hast du sehr gut gemacht".
Janine

Loni Edwards said...

Hi Marie! Thank you very much for the nice comment on my blog :) And you are from France! Our family is learning French. We started this week. I'm afraid I only know the very basics, but maybe someday I will write my comments in French. Both of your Mother's Day gifts are wonderful. Can I hop a ride on that flying machine too? I've always wanted to go to Pompeii! :)

lorhen82 said...

Like Mike said, I wish I would have learned other languages when I was young, but the schools didn't even offer that until high school here. What awesome things your boys gave you! ~Lori