'Q' - Questionable Language

vintage postcards
This friendly little Friar reminds me of my brother Max! Three year old Max pronounced all of his t's like f's. His jaw dropped when he saw Friar Tuck at Disney World! He SCREAMED at the top of his lungs... Friar *uck! Friar ******uck! Holy Badger:)


Come join in the ABC Wednesday fun!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

53 cool cats commented:

Anonymous said...

Hahhaha! I can imagine the looks on everyone's faces when he screamed that out! :P

peiman-sydneyinframe said...

nice weblog
I feel fresh whenever I read it
thanks

Pat said...

What a cute post, and so true. I have stories of mispronunciations and other gaffes...

magiceye said...

lol! that was howlarious!!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

OMGosh! LOL! That is too funny! I had a nephew like that...everytime he saw a truck...well you get my meaning.
I can just imagine the giggles :0)

Marie said...

Your blog is très très joli :-)) I laughed when I read your last post and it reminded me of something. At the end of my year at Austin University I was invited by one of my students. His little boy asked me to tell him the name of his stuffed animals, lapin, ours, etc... When he showed me his seal and I translated the name, he refused to repeat if after me. I insisted for a while and then suddenly I realized.... I was sitting between the mother and the grandmother...

the wild raspberry said...

SOOOO funny....
we used to make our little sister say "fireshooter" again and again because she couldn't get the shooter part right....you can imagine!
oh how we laughed and laughed.
have a great day.
chasity

RA said...

LOL. Don't you just love it how innocent children can be! This is an adorable post. Did we just arrive to the letter Q. Oh my goodness, I have to work on that. Have a great day, Mary :)

Bradley Hsi said...

What contrast of these two photos. I really like the first one.

Carolina said...

ROFL
I'd love to have been there ;-) I hope he has overcome his little speech impediment.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Thankyou for visiting my blog. Your postcards could inspire more poetry. I'm flattered that you think of buying my book. None of my blog poems are in it, though.

Anya said...

HEHE
I love your shots they are GREAT :)
Happy WW!!

Rune Eide said...

We have a saying about the wisdom of drunken men and young children...

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Funny! Yes, it reminds me of when my son saw flamingos in front of a beautifly landscaped hotel in southern Californa...we were showing my mother around when Alex screamed in delight, "#uckin-mingos! #uckin-mingos" My mother found his outburst so funny...she would ask him while pointing at the pink elegant birds, "What are those?" Thanks for the laugh and the memory, Marie Isabelle. <3

Anonymous said...

AHHH what a scream! That is too funny, I love the things kids say. That friar photo is precious tho, too cute. xJ

MaidenShade.wordpress.com
MaidenShade.com

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marie: My grandson had the same problem when he was young. He also had trouble with r's. He would call a dump truck a dumb *uck. My son-in-law that was funny and had him say it over and over.

Veronica Lee said...

I can soooo imagine everyone's reactions.

Tu es drôle.

Did I say that right?

J said...

Thats too funny! Great choice of postcard to illustrate it too.

Maggi said...

lol That is an awesome story!

Betsy Brock said...

Tee-hee! We had a few baby words like that, too!

My boys still love that 'fat friar' from Robin Hood!

Unknown said...

The darnest things kids say! Ha! ha! ha! Ho! Ho! Ho! Bless his soul.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

LOL ! How wonderful/ Tyra

Sherrie said...

Hi!
My brother had the same trouble! He said fire fruck which sounds a lot like a bad word! Great "Q" post! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Rose said...

So funny! My friend had a similar gaffe when teaching Huck Finn and got her tongue tangled. You can imagine the look on the students' faces:) Thanks for sharing.

twinkle teaches said...

Hehe!!! You gave me my first laugh of the day! That is a cute story but the postcard scares me a little--I think it is just the costume, because the little boy is a cutie. :)
tina

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

Thanks for participating in ABC Wednesday!

I just can't stop laughing!!!! Thank you a lot!!!!!

Janie said...

Very funny. Kids are so great for making us laugh! Great Q.

Daryl said...

My younger cousin Shel had a lisp and his mother thought it hysterical .. she had him 'perform' at a family dinner once .. she held up a favorite toy of his and said "Shel, tell everyone what this is"

And Shel said very clearly: Its my little blue FUCK

lorhen82 said...

Hilarious! What's bad is when they find out that saying it is funny, so they say it all the time...in very inappropriate places! The photo you posted it too cute! ~Lori

abb said...

Hi there, and thanks for stopping by.

SWF does NOT stand for Single White Female as a friend of mine thought, it stands for Sky Watch Friday. It's similar to ABC Wednesday. Either google Sky Watch Friday or click the link on that post of mine and you'll see. You could participate as I'm sure many of your vintage postcards have a sky.
abb

Clever idea you have for a blog! Loved the story about your brother.

Loni Edwards said...

Oh thank you so much for the giggle! That is a great story! :)

Clueless in Boston said...

Funny story, but poor Max! I know how he feels. My big sister remembers every stupid and funny thing I ever did and never fails to regale everyone at family gathers. However, this reminds me of a story my aunt told about how she sometimes, lovingly of course, called her husband "old fat bastard." Am I allowed to say that here?

Anyway, one Friday night while minding my cousin's 4 year old daughter Hope, they went grocery shopping. At one point Hope ran done a crowded aisle alone, turned around and yelled at the top of her lungs to my uncle, "Hey you fat bastard!"

My poor uncle never lived down that story.

EG CameraGirl said...

Tee hee! I bet a few people turned their heads to see who was yelling that. ;-)

Dragonstar said...

Children are priceless!

kml said...

Haha! way too cute!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is my first visit to yours, and I am glad to have found you. It certainly won't be my last.

Your posts are most enjoyable!

Take care!
Kathy

jay said...

Hahahahaha!!! Poor little mite! How was he to know? ROFL!

Questionable indeed - and a question was almost certainly posed to his mother, however silently!

Joyce said...

So funny!
Joyce

JoMo said...

Waaay cute! Just think how fun it will be to tell him that when he's 16. He'll be so proud of himself LOL!

slim said...

What a fun post! How in the world did you ever come up with "Questionable language" for the letter "Q"?? I love the way your witty mind works and these postcards are delightful . . . thankyou for sharing.

Joy said...

So funny. Guess that will become a family story that he will always be reminded of. Cute picture.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

That is the funniest thing I've read in ages!!!! LOL! I loved it! Thanks for lifting me out of my horrible funkiness!

Starman said...

If he reads this, I'll bet his face is red.

Unknown said...

Oh lordy, I know the humiliation!! I have a two year old who LOVES to think he is saying something he shouldn't , and will just say it louder and faster!!
There is no stopping him!
Great post!

Sparky said...

ROFLOL!! Your poor parents must have felt like crawling into a hole!! That was cute. :o)

Ann said...

love your post...laughed so hard I had an asthma attack and had to use my inhaler!! I love it when kids do that..they are just so innocent. My kids never did that, but my son,once he learned the difference between boys and girls,used to go up to people and ask if they had a "penis"
or "agina"! You just never know what they will say.love the postcard.
'

kRiZcPEc said...

love that shot, a well preserved one it seems. thanks.

Peiman-sydneyinframe said...

Thanks alot for the follow on my twitter,yah its the time to twitt again.

Gordon said...

What a fun post! What a difference one letter can make.

Roger Owen Green said...

wow - you've stolen my concept; I'm doing it anyway. must be that great minds think alike thing

Terry said...

LOL family moments are always better than fiction :)
have a great week.

Karyn said...

LOL...very funny. The postcard is so cute!

pictureeachday said...

Hahahhaa! And in the middle of Disney World, no less!

I love your blog - the idea of postcards every day is so fun!!

Beth Niquette said...

How adorable!!!