Postcard Friendship Friday - My Heroes

vintage postcards


New to Postcard Friendship Friday? Welcome!! Go read this to get started:)




Aren't they a dashing duo? The gallant knight and his companion Sir Barkalot have stolen my heart. But doesn't our brave tail wagger deserve a beautiful doggie princess? Voila! She's definitely the dog's woof:)



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.


66 cool cats commented:

Unknown said...

HI HOW ARE YOU I HOPE YOU WILL BE FINE I VISIT YOUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW IT AS A FRIEND IT IS NICE AND INFORMATIVE WEBSITE SPECIALLY INFORMATION ABOUT SOME SPECIAL THINGS THANKS FOR IT.
PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ME AS A FRIEND AND ALSO SEND SOME COMMENTS ON MY POSTS
http://www.onlinespacer.blogspot.com/
http://www.worldofjewellery.blogspot.com/

Sparky said...

The bottom one looks like he's saying "Ohhhhh mommy, take this pink thing off me!!" Happy PFF!

Sparky said...

Careful, that SPACE LOVER may be spam. I visited and it had a popup that wouldn't let me out!! BE CAREFUL!

Margo said...

I love both those cards. I'm always tempted to dress Lily up, but my family keeps me in line. I'll try to post for PFF tomorrow :) PS - so I get Chinese and you get Spacemen? xxx ooo

ClassyChassy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - had to see what you had listed here - and such a cute doggie in pink! I love animal photos!

Postcardy said...

Looks like Sir Barkalot was born about 100 years too soon for that princess.

Claudia said...

Love them both, especially the first one! So cute!

Aimee said...

Love the ballerina puppy!

Vicky said...

Hello Marie, I am glad to be back again this week.The second one looks like he's saying" Is my prince charming late again?

Have a wonderful day!

Debby said...

HOw sweet, are these cards, love both the vintage pair and the puppy. Awesome!
Debby

RA said...

Gorgeous heroes, and a lovely princess :)! Have a wonderful weekend, Marie.

Cezar and Léia said...

This postcard is outstanding!
Gorgeous!
God bless you
Léia

Irene said...

Oh what a great card.

Mandala Michelle said...

I wish I had the time for a puppy! I can tell the pup in the postcard would be no trouble at all. Happy PFF!

ilyani said...

hahaha awesome! I can be the princess for the boy!

Shirl said...

Hello, thank you so much for stopping by. Cute post and I love your blog!
Bless you, Shirl

Maggi said...

What a cute doggie!!!!

ChaChaneen said...

Happy PFF my beautiful friend! That picture is REALLY cute and I don't really care much for dogs, but that mug of a face is hard to resist. ha ha

Thanks for asking about my summer book club that I'll be hosting. I will be leading a group of women at my church for 9 weeks as we read, A Fresh Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson. You can bet I will blog about it!

For the kids, every year since they were toddlers, we've participated in our local library's summer reading program. The kids read for 20 minutes and as we chart their progress, they receive rewards along the way. It's fun!

Robin said...

Bonjour Marie....
I love the vintage postcard.
I'm not certain what to think about the bulldog in her tutu.....though it does make me smile.
Have a beautiful weekend.

Sherri said...

I love your blog... I guess we both have a love of postcards! ;)

Loni Edwards said...

Oh how adorable! I love it!

ittybittyandpretty said...

hello to my newest follower! dont you just have the cutest blog. i will be back.
%*_*% rosey

EG CameraGirl said...

I always wonder how people convince their dogs to let them dress them up. ;-)

lorhen82 said...

I bet he said 'bow WOW' to her!

I got the exact same message from SPACE LOVER. I blocked him from my site.

steviewren said...

What a funny little princess! Too cute.

Woohoo! I up and running again. I've been looking forward to PFF!

Pietro Brosio said...

Both lovely images, Marie.
The postcard is very nice!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I linked up my Thrifty Thursday post from yesterday to your Postcard Friday post. Thanks for the invite!!

The postcard you found is just adorable!

Nice to meet you all - Kristin (The Goat)

Chandy said...

Those are so cute! Love the doggie one! LOL

Lydia said...

My Wednesday postcard awaits your visit here with good wishes to everyone for a happy PFF!

I really do think this postcard you've titled "My Heroes" is one of the most beautiful and touching I've seen! Love it.

claude said...

Cool dogs !

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Lovely! I have to ask though, is it a little girl or a little boy with the dog? Maybe a Jeanne d'Arc in training. :)

Pat said...

Aw, you know I'm a sucker for dog shots. I was toying with the idea of dressing Bibi up for my daughter's wedding this fall.....

Unknown said...

I wonder if dogs like dressing up? My dog, Robbie ( visit blog) would not like to be dressed. He loves a real good brush of his lovely coat tho:)

mel said...

Awwwww...super cuteness abounds!! Happy PFF!!

~love~

Kathy McCreedy said...

Hi Marie... thanks for hosting a great event... unfortunately, I've tried to leave comments for quite a few folks with Blogger sites, but if the Name/URL option isn't at the bottom, for some goofy reason, I cannot leave my name/site info... great folks participating! Thank you!

Irene said...

My sister came back from Barbados yesterday. I'm so glad they are back, my visits to my Mother are difficult alone.

Clueless in Boston said...

Love the old postcard, but wonder what is the purpose of the young child holding a sword? The Princess is cute and looks like a real sweet dog. Bon weekend.

Anya said...

Very funny postcards ^__^

(@^.^@)

Daryl said...

Got a late start to a long weekend here ... but now my postcard is up!

Happy PFF ..


And I am loving that funny photo!

viridian said...

Hi Marie - come see my valentine!
viridian

fortuitous faery said...

she's a natural royalty!

BeNotForgot said...

Luv the vintage doggy postcard -- and so does Riley (my poodle)! Thank you again for hosting this meme each week. It's fun!

papel1 said...

Sooo cute!!!! But are the dogs happy?
Judy

Terry said...

Hi Marie
Love Barkalot such a handsome knight .
Who could resist a face that sweet .
Happy Postcard Friendship Friday to you .
Thank you for hosting this delightful and always fun event .
Happy Trails until we meet again.
Blessings of joy to you .

Daryl said...

Apologies somehow my original entry on Mr Linky didnt work and then somehow I screwed up and entered a wrong URL .. please excuse my stupidity and use the SECOND link .. Marie if you could remove the first one, its wrong. Apologies!

Marilyn said...

Marie...
Here is another blogger's award for your collection...the Kreatif Award...here is the link my friend...
http://thelotussutrachronicles.blogspot.com/2009/05/kreativ-vice-creatingthe-envelope.html

Greetings from South Korea

Marilyn

Lynn said...

Love your postcard, and the French bull dog with the tutu :)

Unknown said...

Oh , cute puppy! , looks like she's thinking , "oh , lord , not again!!"
Too cute!

Starman said...

The doggie princess looks like she's begging to be taken out of that outfit.

Floss said...

Wow - I think my son would dress his dog up as a hero (or partner in crime) if she'd let him! He certainly seems a bit confused sometimes about which of them is human and which one is a dog...

Kathy McCreedy said...

Hi Marie! I love the little boy and Sir Barkalot, but what really sends me is the writing on the postcard! What gorgeous old penmanship!!! Can you believe everyone pretty much wrote that way?!? Why wasn't I born 100 years ago?!? (Oh, that's right, I wouldn't be here to celebrate the fun of friends around the world via our blogs!) Thanks for hosting such a great event... I've received lots of lovely comments and I'm thrilled!!
Gotta go and write my thank you's! Take care and thanks again for encouraging me to join in, all my best, K.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Cute as pie, these two! I love the little hat on the puppy dog's head.

MuseSwings said...

My pups love to wear bandana's but pink froo froo's would end up as chew toys.

Linda K. said...

This is way too much fun! What a neat postcard! Joyous PFF!

Linda

Polly Forns said...

Oh, my niece has a dog who looks so much like the bottom picture that I'm sharing this with her! You always find the coolest cards and have the cutest ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Joyce said...

Sweet postcard and the dog made me laugh in all that pink.
Joyce

koralee said...

Wow...what a lovely blog you have...thanks so much for visiting me at mine...I Love the vintage postcard...what fun...the dog is adorable..have a great weekend!

Terri said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love the puppy. She is to cute!

Becky said...

At our house Petey the Boston Terrier has been good to let us dress him as a devil (red sequins! no less) and a pirate among other things. Bostons are the best!

Thanks for sharing.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Hilarious! Now I want to put a skirt on my Doxie.

Vodka Mom said...

Ils sont adorables ! ! ayez un grand week-end, marie ! !

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Marie,
So cute!!!! I posted my own Betty Boop postcard. I finally scanned it.:)

What I love most about your posts is that you always have a current photo to go along with the postcard. Is that your dog? How cute is that?

We once dressed our Newfoundland as Cookie Monster from Sesame Street.:) We only put the mask on his head. Even that was a struggle. I can't imagine putting a pink tutu on a dog!!!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Marie,
So cute!!!! I posted my own Betty Boop postcard. I finally scanned it.:)

What I love most about your posts is that you always have a current photo to go along with the postcard. Is that your dog? How cute is that?

We once dressed our Newfoundland as Cookie Monster from Sesame Street.:) We only put the mask on his head. Even that was a struggle. I can't imagine putting a pink tutu on a dog!!!

RedLan said...

They are so cute! The lil girl and her dog. Happy PFF Mari!

twinkle teaches said...

They are an adorable duo! :) tina

Monica said...

Oh my god! I have a Boston that I've wanted to put in a tutu for the longest. That is sooo cute!