Mushroom Mailbox Swoon!

vintage postcards


New to Postcard Friendship Friday? Welcome!! Go read this to get started:)




It's a fly argaric mailbox! I want to stuff happy kitschy gnome postcards into this beaut of a box:) Happy PFF!

59 cool cats commented:

viridian said...

What a mailbox! I hope they know this is a very poisonous species of mushroom!

Postcardy said...

Where is that mailbox?

I always associate that kind of mushroom with Christmas ornaments.

Terry said...

Oh wow that is one cool mailbox .
It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.It does look lonely with out a gnome to keep it company.

Paul van Yperen said...

Great find. I guess this is an English mailbox.

Wiregrass Steve said...

Now you've done it, my wife will see this mailbox and want me to make one like it. I do like it though.

Sparky said...

He (Wiregrass Steve) is right Marie! I do want it! Very cute. :o)

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Hello Marie,
I made a mistake when I put my entry in today. I put in the url of my entry but I actually wanted to put in the url of my HOMEPAGE
because I put a welcome to the Friendship Friday readers and a link back to your site.
Are you able to go into the Mr. Linky and change the address to this?
http://acanadianfamily.com/

Mandala Michelle said...

Hello Marie! How cute is that?! My gnome would love it. BTW- when you come by for a visit please check out the post below my PFF post. I've left you a friendly blogger award in honor of this great friday event.

~Cheryl said...

Now this is my kind of mailbox! :)

Margo said...

I'm allergic to mold! And that thing is on steroids! Happy PFF :)

Mimi Lenox said...

That is too cool for words.

Unknown said...

A beaut of a mailbox! Mine is sited in the gate pillar. Very unimaginative!! Love this .

Four-eyed-missy said...

Awesome!
I want one of those, too. Ooops, there are no mailmen here so it's not practical. Perhaps I'd make my post office box look like that? hahahaha.

Postcards Crossing

Chris Overstreet said...

I half-expect to see a white rabbit in a waistcoat come out to check the mail.

Miss Rosa said...

This is so cool ... I wish I had a house instead of a condo so I could get a funky mailbox.

MuseSwings said...

What a charming little mailbox! It looks like one Alice in Wonderland might have bumped into during her adventures.

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

The kitties below float my boat. And yes, I have many, many boxes of tea in the cabinet. Thanks for posting!

Vicky said...

hello marie, I am new here, I like what i see in your blog and thought I might have some fun joining this meme...

ARTERY said...

Whatta beautiful mailbox! I like the color combination. It's a beautiful mushroom inspired mailbox.

Jama said...

Oh this is so cute!

Müge Tekil said...

What a pretty mailbox dear Marie! Have a great day! :-)

Lydia said...

Marie, I'm full of apologies,,,just signed in again!

I am personally trying to visualize the neighborhood where such a mailbox would live. Pretty sure it's over the rainbow.

(My postcard posted on Wednesday instead of Friday, as usual. Happy PFF to all.)

Floss said...

What a great post box! We have such a dull one, set into our wall. But what would the French make of setting up that kind of box near your gate, do you think?

Pat said...

I was about to comment what viridian did---R.I.P if someone took a bite of this imaginative mailbox!

claude said...

The mailbox is really very beautiful.
In Fall, in the grass under my birch trees, they are some of this mushroom every years.

BeNotForgot said...

Well -- I posted my link and I saw it appear on the list, and now it's gone? I'll wait and see. Luv the 'shroom!

Pamposh Dhar said...

Is this for real?? Fantastic!
I have a much more mundane entry for this Friday, I'm afraid. (On my Terataii blog, already linked).

Daryl said...

How amazinb it is ... I hope its not on a road where kids drive by taking batting practice using mailboxes ... its a semi Olympic event here in the US suburbs

Vodka Mom said...

i love it, love it, love it!!!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a cute little mailbox.

Aimee said...

How cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I THINK ALICE AND ALL HER GREAT FRIENDS FROM WONDERLAND LIVE IN THAT MAILBOX AND I WANT TO VISIT!
SHEALL WE ALL MEET FOR A TEA PARTY!

Anonymous said...

Knock Knock, it's MaidenShade Visiting! Love the mailbox, and your comments. Happy Friday!

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
MaidenShade.com

Sheila said...

I've finally managed to work out what day of the week it is, and hastily put together a post!

What a wonderful mailbox! I've never seen anything quite like it. :)

Miss_Yves said...

Lovely mailbox !

Amy said...

That is such a cute mail box. Have a great weekend

Unknown said...

Love the mail box!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Never been here before, and it looks fascinating.

I have an old tin box of postcards and letters from my grandparents, but so far I have not had much success in dating the cards without postmarks or handwritten dates on them. I love them though - so intriguing!

roentare said...

So cute looking and adorable in deed!

{oc cottage} said...

Arghhhh! I have some sort of glitch that I cannot copy & paste the correct link into Mr Linky! I am so sorry that I messed it up and added the wrong link, I have no udea what is happening! YIKES. I did do a postcard post today though...well, I tried! Even my date is wrong! Holy cow! I should just go back to bed!

Happy day!

m ^..^

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thanks for stopping in today and visiting. That mailbox is so cute. I used to work for the Post Office, so I always gravitate toward mail boxes!!

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Is that a mushroom? How fun and cool!

Floss said...

Hi - thanks for entering my giveaway! I had a lot of fun finding and then selecting the bits and bobs, as you can imagine. And this weekend our area turns into Vide Greniers city, so it should be an interesting few days...

Anyway, best of luck and I agree that a quirky mailbox wouldn't go down well in France! My husband says they use the word 'individualist' as an insult at his workplace!

Pat said...

I love your blog.. its so fun
Happy friday!

Terry said...

Hello
Happy Postcard Friendship Friday !
The computer has been shutting down randomly so I was a bit delayed in posting.
I made it ,now
I can simply enjoy all the great PFF post.
The mushroom ia cool mailbox post.
have a fabulous weekend .

Starman said...

I was wondering why an umbrella had a door.

Pietro Brosio said...

Nice post, Marie!
What an odd mailbox! I would prefer a boletus mailbox! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love this mushroom mailbox. I agree, it needs a little garden gnome right beside it. He would be a fungi too.(fun-guy) LOL..I am glad I visited today, and I will certainly be back.

San said...

I came over from Daryl's. What a cool blog and what an awesome mailbox!

fortuitous faery said...

so cute! mine's about a banana...

Veronica Lee said...

Cool mailbox!!! Have you read my post on mailboxes?!!!

Lara said...

how cute! in here you don't find such nice things!

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Imagine what that wax doll must be worth today!

Betty said...

That mailbox is adorable!

Kris said...

That has to be the cutest mailbox I've seen. Thanks for sharing.

Kris

Catherine said...

Wash your hand after taking your mail ! Absolutely necessary.
So funny, Marie. Like in a cartoon.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marie: What a neat shot of the mailbox.

Beth Niquette said...

what a quirky funny postcard. Made my DAY!

I've been gone for my 26th anniversary. Got back a day too late for PFF, BUT I posted anyway. (grin)

Connie T. said...

That is an interesting mail box.

beachvintage.com said...

Wow, love the mailbox. Never seen anything like it. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Thanks for dropping by my blog.