Charming Snakes

snake vintage postcard

I saw a HUGE snake in the forest yesterday! I'm usually not such a wimp when it comes to critters but I screamedddddd!! This was not the smartest strategy..... He struck pretty darn close to my sandaled feet. I haven't run quite that fast in a long time. I really high - tailed it!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

51 cool cats commented:

June said...

Snakes ??? ahhhh !!! Well i think i have only ever seen them in a zoo or pet shop so i am sure i would have screamed too
Great image
Hugs June x

Polly Forns said...

Yikes! That would certainly limit my traipsing through the forest...maybe with heavy boots next time? Have a happy weekend, sweetheart!

Marie said...

What was the size of this huge snake? I'm not really afraid of snakes.

Marie said...

What was the size of this huge snake? I'm not really afraid of snakes.

Sparky said...

Sorry Mr. Sssssssnake ssssscared ya! He was just passsssing through. [giggle]
Suddenly, it's nice and cool in SE Georgia. Yummy weather for riding. Varoom!Have a great weekend pal! :o)

Mescrap said...

Scary !!! I'm sure I would screamed too..

Cezar and Léia said...

Maybe the snake wanted to offer you an apple?
Cezar

ChaChaneen said...

There is a forest in France? ha ha I always think of the country as one big city... I need to brush up on my history. ha ha

I'm glad you didn't get bitten, not our sweet Marie! I don't like snakes at all either, they are fast little creaters aren't they. You probably burned a few calories just from the adrenaline rush! ha ha

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marie: What a neat card with the snake.

Maggi said...

Are you serious?!?! I would have done the same thing you did! lol Love this card by the way!

Daryl said...

I like her snake charming outfit ... and I would have screamedddddddddd too ...

Anya said...

WoW!!
Fantastic picture :)
We love the snake!!

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

Snakes in my yard seem to find me but I don't mind. They keep a safe distance from me and me them!
Thanks for visiting!

Sue said...

What a beautiful image! I don't mind snakes. It's spiders that freak me out!!! Happy weekend :)

Unknown said...

*SHUDDER* ... SNAKES !!!

I'd have screamed as well and I probably would have peed my pants as well !! especially is it struck at me !!

I grew up in a country that has no snakes ... not even in the zoos.

I do not cope well when I see a snake !!

That postcard is cool though. Brave lady !!!

Terry said...

Oh my !
Run Marie Run .
I hope you left the snake far behind in the forest .
Happy Pink Saturday.
Hugs

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Ack!! Snake!! Make it go away!!

Debby said...

Not a snake person, but love this card.
debby

Sharon said...

Cool postcard! I don't like snakes to get close to me either!

Floss said...

Ooh, viper or grass snake? Nasty experience... Your shake charming darling looks like she would have handled the situation well!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm scared to death of snakes! Hubby loves them and wants one as a pet...never ever gonna happen! LOL

Kate said...

Hmm! I wonder what Freud would say about snakes and fear? It's a great photo for the day. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Susan Cook said...

I saw 3 snakes a couple of weeks ago, in the woods. But they were hiding in some leaves. I think I would have screamed if they crawled on my foot too.

Snap said...

Love the postcard! Love snakes! :D

jabblog said...

Snakes are fascinating and dry to the touch though it is odd feeling their muscles moving. (I'm no expert - only held one quite small non-venomous one once - tee hee!)
Great post!

Janie said...

I'm glad you didn't get bitten! I don't mind non-poisonous snakes, but I'd definitely get out of the way of a rattlesnake (the only poisonous variety around here.) Interesting postcard image, too.

Pietro Brosio said...

I agree, Marie! I'd have taken to my heels... very very very fast! :-)

Starman said...

I would certainly keep my eyes open after that.

Kenia Santos said...

Hi Marie! This is a very original Camera Critter shot! Snakes give me the creeps, not for their size or for the danger they represent (because slugs give me the creeps as well!) but I guess they are are yucky! Great blog, I loved it! Take care and keep smiling dear. Have a wonderful weekend!

Claudia said...

I hope they weren't as big as the one on this card! Happy Pink Saturday!

Martha said...

Eeeeek! I would have been outta there fast too!

stefanie said...

scary, happy pink saturday.

Tara said...

I would have run far and fast too! No matter what the size, even if it was pink! happy Pink Saturday and have a loveleigh weekend.

Unknown said...

The other day as I was moving some bricks in my garden, I saw a couple of eggs. Thought th were lizard eggs. Then I saw a long moulted skin , quite intact just lying next to it. A snake skin. Possibly a garden snake.
So, I abandoned my task for a while.

Staci said...

Argh! I'd have died right there!

Thanks for the blog visit!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Yikes! That would have scared me snilly, too! I have a black racer that lives in my yard, and one day, he was sunning himself on the step to my sun porch, and my dog walked up almost to him when I screamed at the top of my lungs. He took off like a flash, and my dog looked at me like I was crazy. A man around the corner and a good distance away apparently heard it, too. It's a good thing I didn't scare him because he was a roofer, roofing a house! ;-)

Happy Pink Saturday on Sunday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sandy Kessler said...

oh what a picture- wonderfulSandy

Wiregrass Steve said...

Great postcard. Snakes are such interesting creatures and along with birds and butterflies, natures most beautiful animals. Glad the snake missed.

Pat said...

I do not like snakes or spiders. I will watch a snake handler on the street, but won't let him wrap it around me...

Maude Lynn said...

Yikes!

RA said...

I'm glad that you are alright, Marie! That's really frightening. I'm sorry that I have missed out a lot of wonderful posts here. I have been suffering from sinusitis, but feel better now. Have a great week :)

Anonymous said...

What a cool concept for a blog! Love the snake (on the postcard, mind you)!

Betty said...

Snakes! Eek! I love that post card though!
Happy Pink Saturday on Sunday!

the wild raspberry said...

that's funny stuff!
have a wonderful rest of the weekend...
chasity

Beth Niquette said...

Wonderful postcard! Gardener snakes and those brightly colored red/black & Yellow non-poisoning types are kind of fun. The others...well, they're not for me.

lorhen82 said...

Girl, I would have FREAKED OUT!!! I hate snakes! ~Lori

Rosemary said...

Hi Marie!!
Thanks for visiting and for you nice comments.
Great postcard with the lady and the snake.
Have a great rest of your day.
Rosemary

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Marie, I love the postcard! How fitting for your forest adventure. However I was most disappointed when I read that you screamed and ran away. You are very sweet and could certainly charm a big bad snake. You have charmed all of us (everyday)!!!!!!
;)
everything vintage

Betsy Brock said...

I scream at spiders....who knows what I would do with a snake!

Indrani said...

Ok, I guess that must be a pet.
Great pose with that mighty being. :)

Renee said...

I love your blog.

Renee xoxox