vintage postcards


Fifi Flowers is a prodigy with a paintbrush!
Look at the razzmatazz she gave this vintage image! Her paintings are vibrant, vivacious, and deserve their own verb. It's been Fified! Notice the touches of added oh la la! I spy the Eiffel tower and a pastry shop:) My walls will soon be plastered by her work! How could I possibly resist?



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

46 cool cats commented:

Jane Hards Photography said...

A neverending source of fun and ideas. I see postcards now in a whole new light.. and it's all your fault. I mean Fifi Flowers no I can't resist.

claude said...

Noah is a really beautiful baby on your previous post.
The painting is fabulous. I love it !
I do not know if you saw the prison door painted by an american wooman, It is the door iof the prison of the castle of our town. You can watch it on the side of my blog page.

claude said...

The name of the son of my sister's son is Nooah too.

Veronica Lee said...

As an art aficionado, I can truly appreciate this. Thanks for the info.

Pat said...

Fifi La Fleur sounds like she might be a cousin of Fanfan La Tulipe. (Bad pun.) But I do like her work!

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for sharing this post! You made the vintage postcards interesting to us! Thanks also for your visit!

magiceye said...

classic!

magiceye said...

classic!

the wild raspberry said...

welcome to our blog...we are thrilled to have you join us on our journey! we look forward to getting to know you better.
have a great day.
warmly,
chasity and debbie

Amy said...

That is a great picture. Have a wonderful day.

Janie said...

A beautiful painting. I love your new verb, "fified!"

Sherrie said...

Hi!
That's beautiful work!! I love the colors she used in the postcard! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Daryl said...

Oh that's fun ... now I want to see pix of the place she will hang ..

Chris Overstreet said...

A chair in front of a patisserie is much nicer than the one at the end of an alley.

Marie Reed said...

Sherrie - You can buy her paintings in note card form or you can have the actual signed original painting à la Fifi!

Rune Eide said...

Do I recognize some influence of Toulouse-Lautrec? Or Am I just showing my ignorance.

Thank you for the kind comment!

Unknown said...

How nice! Love it!

Christina, Sweden said...

Yes!!
She really turned the nice photo into something cool :-)

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Good morning, Marie!
I have chosen you to receive an award for having "One Lovely Blog". You can pick it up at my blog, Tennessee Memories.

Judy

dizzymslizzy said...

Too Totally Terrific! Looks a little Toulouse-Lautrec -ee to me
too.

Pat - Arkansas said...

An interesting and informative "P" post. I really like the painting.

DeniseinVA said...

A great photo and a very talented artist. Thanks for sharing them.

Starman said...

I like the changes Madame Flowers made. Her picture looks a bit more modern.

The Clever Pup said...

What a super idea! Now I'm inspired.

Debby said...

Oh my, I love this!
Debby

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marie: That change to art was done beautifully.

Vicky MundoAfora said...

How do you manage to get hold of such cool things? I love coming around to see them.

Marie said...

Hi Marie-
Merci for visiting me the other day. J'adore your blog and it tickles my fancy that we both are named Marie, except I'm jealous that you live in France ;)
-marie

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, art always is, but Fifi's touches make everything so chic and new!

Jay said...

Well, that's both an original idea and an original 'P'!

Very good! :)

Clueless in Boston said...

I agree, this is a wonderful painting. It has a great look about it. Her website looks like fun too.

EG CameraGirl said...

You have the coolest collection! And you know so much about each postcard you show us!

RA said...

Oh my goodness, what a stunning artwork from a wonderful photo! Have a great day, Marie :)

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooh la la such kind words... merci beaucoup for featuring moi!!! I will add a link on my blog thanking you for featuring moi!
ENJOY!
Fifi

Sparky said...

Nicely done art work. Oh la la! :o)

Muthering Heights said...

I love your blog...thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you found me!

Maggi said...

Wow, that is so neat!

~Cheryl said...

What a beautiful transformation!

dianasfaria.com said...

this really is so pretty. I love her style!

Tumblewords: said...

Pleasure of postcards and painted with Fifi flair. Perfect!

Jama said...

It's a beautiful art-work!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing.
My WW Post :)

Catherine said...

That's very creative, it adds a breath of life to the postcard.

Beth Niquette said...

Beautiful! I love to draw old postcards, too. Just lovely.

Mike said...

Its very nice in the bottom colored in/cartoon version - almost looks real, like the real one.

Carrie said...

I really enjoyed seeing how she adapted this postcard.