Mint Caramel Tea Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards

Here is a silly card for an even sillier tea! Mint Caramel? What was Twinings thinking? This tea wasn't.....well......my cup of tea! I'm a sucker for trying new blends. Raise your hand if you have zillions of boxes of tea in your pantry. Me! Me! This one gets added to my YUCK collection:) What is your favorite tea?


Come join in the Vintage Thingey Thursday fun!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

51 cool cats commented:

claude said...

The cat tea party is very very cute.
I like orange tea, lemmon tea. If I drink a plain tea I put some lemmon drops in it. I like bergamot flavoured tea too.

Pat said...

Yes, that is pretty bad. Seems to me that I have had some bad teas, but have tossed them. I like mints and caramels, but not together. Just like I like peanut butter and jelly, but not together.

RA said...

It's good to have some cute company for drinking tea :)! Tea is always in our pantry. These days we enjoy some Jasmine tea, but I had some great strawberry tea at my husband's office. The smell and the taste was so relaxing. Have a great day, Marie :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Cute tea party.

peiman-Sydneyinframe said...

The trouble with tea is that originally it was quite a good drink.so a group of the most eminent British scientists put their heads together and made complicated biological experiments to find a way of spoiling it.To the eternal glory of british science,their labour bore fruit.
(George Mikes,b 1912)

Simply Debbie said...

I LOVE...LOVE...THIS POSTCARD BECAUSE I LOVE CATS AND I LOVE TEA PARTIES....SO VERY SWEET.
I AM A GREEN TEA GIRL WITH A SLICE OF ORANGE AND A SLICE OF LEMON...SOOOO GOOD.
HUGS
debbie

SILVER said...

ME! ME! that's a tough q, Marie lady! i really can't say.. i like all sorts of tea..(although i do prefer Coffee) Tea in sugar or with milk, or the plain ones like Camomile when i have trouble sleeping, the Peppermint Tea is great too, and the green tea is very calming.. well, just lots.

One very cute cat tea party. ;)

Maggi said...

That card is too funny and I'd say you're right about that tea. I haven't tried it but it doesn't seem like a good combination! lol

Floss said...

Hi, Marie, thanks for coming to visit me. By adding youreslf to my 'followers' list you've gained one entry in my giveaway. Do feel free to go to the comments section on the giveaway to have another go! However, as most of the goodies are vintage French, you may be able to get such things yourself!

I could not claim to be interested in mint caramel tea! I only just got into hot drinks at all (good grief, 38 years as an English female without drinking tea? Whatever next?) But I do like coffee, and a good cup of tea, now. The postcard is very cute. I've added your blog to my list so that I can learn more about vintage postcards - I don't think I've ever bought one!

Floss said...

PS An ironing board is a useful addition to the surfaces in any home. Leave it up and then you can use it to dump anything you can't find another place for. Every home should have one!

Susan said...

The postcard is cute and for mint caramel, well, I'll take mint in my tea and caramel in my coffee thanks. My favorite tea is Earl Grey.

Catherine said...

My favorite tea is Red Rose Tea from Canada. I like mint and green tea as well. Just haven`t found a favorite brand yet.

Ulla said...

The card is cute even though I don't like cats. I also don't like tea spoiled with unnecessary flavours, or tea that is not tea but berry water. My favourite is Twinings Earl Grey, and even some vanilla flavoured ones.

Irene said...

I too have a zillion boxes of tea in my cupboard. I usually take them with me when we scrap in a large group, there is always someone bound to like to try something new. What a cute postcard. I can relate to it. My cat drinks my tea if I step away from it.

Postcardy said...

I like your cute cat card. Have you heard that some of the old cat and dog postcards used taxidermy instead of live pets? I wonder how many did that.

I am not really much of a tea drinker, but I keep wishing I had some lapsang souchong tea. It has a smokey flavor. I haven't had it for many years because it isn't sold in grocery stores here. I had a sample of ginger peach tea recently that I liked, but that is another that isn't found in regular stores.

Veronica Lee said...

Cute tea party!!
I love Twinings but never tried Mint Caramel!

JAS-- said...

You mean I'm not the only one with stacks and stacks of tea boxes? Love the kitties.

My favorite tea right now is peach mango with sweetened condensed milk.

Ladynred said...

Nice postcard! love all kinds of tea! thanks for the comment on my Today's Flower and Yellow mellow.

JonJon Rosaleen said...

So adorable!!!

The Clever Pup said...

Chai. Not chai latte. There is no such thing as chai latte.

Her Art Nest said...

Thanks for dropping by today! I definitely will have to check out your wonderful blog (I'm a follower now)....cool pics!
~Nan

Daryl said...

Love tea .. detest mint. Mint belongs in mouthwash, toothpaste and tooth picks .. not food ... and certainly not tea, I am grossed out

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Tea is okay when the time is right and nothing else will do...and those kittens are absolutely charming! Couldn't be any cuter!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I'm sorry to hear that, Marie. I loved my old blog look, but it was time for something new and refreshing. That's for stopping by and for all the squinting you put up with. ;-)

Hugs,

Bea said...

I thought I was the only one with a collection of yucky tea. I like fruity teas or just plain Earl Grey.

lorhen82 said...

My pantry gets cluttered up with teas too. My favorite is ginger peach from a teahouse in NY. At home, my favorite is Constant Comment, a blend that has orange and spices in it. Cute postcard! ~Lori

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

OMG that is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!! I love the cat on the left!

Unknown said...

Oh , those kitties look so scrummy!
I love strawberry herbal tea!
Mint and lemon!
Ciao , Helen

Anonymous said...

I have a tea i bought at a spa and its called "tea'"
simple name hu?
it is like no other!
it eaves a nice aftertaste after each sip. I will send ya some if ya want, it would be in a baggie and id hope it wouldnt come loose in the envelope, might cause craziness at the post offices! yikes
let me know and ill send it to you
ive never mailed anyhting out of America.
as for the yuk tea you bought
i wander if there is actually anyone who does like that flavor?
i cant imagine, hmmmmmmmmm.

Unknown said...

Just reading the name puts me in a Yuck! mood. I love mint, and I love caramel, but not together. Maybe chocolate with either one...My favorite tea is Constant Comment. Not only the taste, but the smell. I wish I could get an air freshener or candle in that scent!

CC said...

Love that little tea party. Happy VTT, hope your weekend is a great one.

Miri said...

Love the postcard...hate the tea :)

Great post...those cats are too cute!

Pietro Brosio said...

Funny the classic five o' clock (I suppose...) tea of the kitties!
Marie, tea is not my favourite drink. :-)

Jacqueline said...

Hi Marie,

Thanks for stopping by and lending your opinion on the cover. Your blog is fantastic, very whimisical. I'm not a fan of cats but this appeals.

Best wishes,
Jacqueline

Starman said...

My favorite is camomile-orange.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm afraid I had to raise my hand. ;-) Love the cute postcard.

Reader Wil said...

My daughter gave me bouquet of tea bags. There were all kind of tea brands and it looked lovely like a real bouquet!
Thanks for visiting!

Anne Marie said...

that is really cute!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Thanks so much for coming by and becoming a follower of my blog :) I love having new friends. The cat postcard is adorable. My favorite tea is Bigelow - Vanilla Chai or Spiced Chai. I like my hot tea with a little sugar and my iced tea plain, no sugar or lemon. Your blog is beautiful and I will be back to visit often. :)
Toni

Donna said...

cute cute tea party! love orange tea!

Anonymous said...

I just love the cat postcard! They all must be seasoned actors because that seems to be exactly what they're saying:)

The tea does not sound appealing. Where do these people come up with these ideas for flavors?
I'm not a tea person at all although I want to like it, I don't.

Linda Hughes said...

I am always a sucker for new products, too! Mint Caramel is not one that makes me want to jump for joy, tho. My favorites are Earl Grey, English Breakfast and one we have here in the States "Sport Tea." It has electrolytes in it so it's nice to have when gardening in hot weather. BTW, love the tea party!

Gattina said...

What a cute post card, just made for me the cat fan, lol ! I also have a collection of tea but my favourite is the African tea Bisap, which is just dried Hibiscus flowers !

Tikimama said...

The kitties are toooo cute! The tea does sound "yuck". I've got several boxes sitting in my cupboard that I ignore. I always go back to my good old English Breakfast, or similar. All the herbals and flavors get offered to guests!

Lydia said...

I want to invite those kitties to a special party at my house!

No, that tea does NOT appeal to me. But I sure am like you in that I have a shelf dedicated to teas alone. My favorite tea changes but right now it's White Mint (no caramel allowed).

Miss_Yves said...

This funny postcard reminds of me a stoty of Beatrix Potter !

Jenny said...

My favorite tea is only out at Christmas Time so I buy enough boxes to last the whole year! Nutcracker Sweet by Celestial Seasons. Kind of a chai but not relly!

the wild raspberry said...

this is so cute....my little sister used to dress our cat up like this and have tea with him.
He just LOVED it :)
chasity

Anya said...

What a lovely shots :)
You have a beautiful blog!!

purrss Kareltje =^.^=
greetz Anya
(@^.^@)

Have a nice weekend :)

KayEllen said...

Darling post card:)
I am having some tea as I type this morning...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Nice to meet you:)
kayellen

Coloradolady said...

Cute post. I like the cat tea party. Thanks for participating in VTT. Sorry my comment is so late, I have been out of town.