Norwegian Fairytale - Eurovision 2009

vintage postcards
Norway is the Eurovision 2009 winner! The folk music inspired song is a fresh and fun fairytale. The amazingly talented fiddle playing Alexander Rybak wrote and composed the ditty himself! He won the contest with a clean sweep too! Enjoy the youtube video aaaand the Norwegian vintage postcard:)



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

35 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Ha! That painting looks like a Norwegian version of American Gothic! No, I didn't watch last night. I spent the evening with some French friends and some French friends of theirs and we were all TALKING about Eurovision, but nobody turned on the TV,...I was a big hit when, of course, no one could think of the French song Poupee de Cire etc. that you posted yesterday....I did, of course...ha, ha. OUr little secret. Glad you changed the title to "....of Sawdust". I was going to tell you that actually the title was a double-entendre for 'le son' for bran that used to be a common stuffing for dolls. Of course Gainsbourg meant for the beautiful singer to be a 'poupee' de son/talking doll, simply used as a mouth for others' words. Clever Serge.

Loni Edwards said...

Oh my! Its a spectacular spectacular! (sorry, "Moulin Rouge" reference there ) Wow! What a talent! Thank you Marie for posting this! Love the postcard too! :)

Pat said...

Hey, Marie! Just finished watching Fairytale, and it is great!!! Somehow the story-telling song reminds me of sixties' ballads.

Kari Jenkins said...

Wow! I didn't get to see the rest of the competition but he is amazing! Loved it! I will have to keep an eye out for him. Thanks for posting it.

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Thank you for sharing this information, Marie - especially for those of us in television markets that don't receive this show.

June said...

Yep I saw the song at the end lol didnt watch the show as was too busy but he was very good.
Thanks for stopping by and watching the beatle vid :)
Hugs June xx

Sparky said...

How cute. This event looks like fun. Happy Sunday back at ya gal! :o)

blueberry said...

Thank you very much for the compliment :)

And thank you for the song - I didn't watch last night but I like the song (and the postcard).

Have a nice sunday!

Floss said...

That was great fun - thanks! We gathered round the computer to watch, having completely ignored the competition last night...

Fabulously French said...

I love the song, thanks for pointing it out as I did not watch it on TV.

Leeann x

DeniseinVA said...

Hello from Northern Virginia (USA). Lovely post, and enjoyed the video very much along with the vintage post card. My sister lived in Norway years ago and I was fortunate enough to visit her there. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am happy for you to use the angel and happy you liked it. Have a great week.

Daryl said...

It reminds me of American Gothic too

Jane Hards Photography said...

I am so disappointed with the winner. Ladies in Killer Boots should always win Eurovision. Enjoyable romp as always. You were quick to get this up.

Terri Kahrs said...

Maybe, if we're very lucky, this wonderful show will come to the USA! Thank you, Marie, for visiting me. I'm so happy you enjoyed the old images! Hope to see you again! Terri

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Marie, The Norvegian song is really good and the singer looks a lot better than his ancestors on the vintage postcard. France and Patricia Kaas did so-so. We don't mind, do we? It's all in the contest.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow Your blog is so wonderful! Congratulations! I love vintage!!!!!
Many thanks for so kind visit and comment in our kitty blog ( we love luna).
You are very gentle!
Have a great week!
Kind regards form BRAZIL

Léia

Reader Wil said...

Well this is the first time I see it, for I didn't watch last night. But I must say this is not bad at all. He deserves first place. I love Norway so it may always win!Thanks for your comment!

Mamapippa said...

Norway did very well !

Starman said...

We actually got to see the Eurovision announcement of the winner and Norway's performance.

Unknown said...

Wow , Fun , what a talented young fella!
Wasn't the dancing fab!
Thanks , for sharing , wassup with the necklace the woman has on the old postcard! , looks so heavy!!
Cheers , Helen

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

I used to hang out with Norwegians in college - this is hilarious!

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

As an aside, both Joe and Lily are loving this song!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Cute. What show is this?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marie: That is a very talented youg man.

Judi said...

Hi there..
Want an interesting picture. I'll have to watch that video when I'm back at work on Tuesday. I haven't ever watched what you're writing about...I'm not sure what it is so I'm anxious to see the video.
I hope you are having a great day!
Judi

Beth Niquette said...

Really REALLY lovey!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Fantastic fiddling indeed AND the postcard is amazing! I must find out more about Eurovision. I am from N Virginia too :)

Katie said...

I felt very out of it seeing all my European friends commenting about Eurovision 2009 in the last few days; thank you so much for posting this video so I could at least see the winner! Of course, it's your postcard that the real winner. Can you imagine if it had been this couple who won the Eurovision contest doing that song?!

ChaChaneen said...

Hi Gorgeous! I'm back on the airwaves again after several busy weeks. Things are starting to wind down again and I'm looking foward to posting this Friday with a postcard!

I've been reading your posts and watching your videos, such fun as usual when I visit you. And happy belated Mother's Day too!

Patricia said...

Happy Pink Saturday - I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. And then I found your great and wonderful blog of postcards - what a great idea. I hope you have a wonderful new week.

Rune Eide said...

I can only say: NICE POST!!!

And thank you for the very nice greeting and sorry about this belated comment - the fog is just lifting...

annies home said...

I love your blog and have awarded you with a lovely blog award http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2009/05/feeling-very-special-because-of-blog.html

Starman said...

I'm sure I left this yesterday, but here it is again: we got to watch Norway win and then perform live.

twinkle teaches said...

I love fairytales. It does look like American Gothic! :) tina

Ana said...

When i was little, Eurovision was one of the things i wholeheartedly anticipated and it was an event when the whole family would get together and enjoy it. Unfortunately, things changed, i think Eurovision lost lots of its charm and the obvious politics overshadowing it just made me lose interest in it, so i stopped watching it...i didnt watch it this year either, but i did catch most of the votes and was surprised to see so many points going to Norway. Now, i cant judge if it was better or worse than the others, but all i can say is that i AM glad they won...Alexander has got to be the cutest and most charismatic Eurovision contestant ive seen....he won my heart at the first glance :)