Postcard Friendship Friday #17 - Chocolate Scented Stamps

chocolate vintage postcard

Long live sratch n' sniff stamps! To celebrate the 400th anniversary of the arrival of cacao beans at the port city of Bayonne, the French postal service just issued these chocolate scented beauts which depict scenes from the history and manufacture of chocolate. The micro capsules in the ink will reportadly last up to two years!


W
elcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today!
vintage postcards

62 cool cats commented:

Clueless in Boston said...

Gotta love stamps au chocolat! Great idea by the Postal Service in Bayonne. I don't know about you, but a whiff of chocolate will cause me to indulge. Vive le chocolat!

Cezar and Léia said...

wow chocolate is always welcome, even by mail!
Cool postcard!
I need to think about some creative postcard, I would like so much to enrol here! So nice!
Kind regards
Léia

Lydia said...

Thanks for dessert, Marie!
I'm not going to sign in at Mr. Linky because it has been confusing people who land on my Friday posts, where there is no postcard. But I sure would love it if everyone would come over and see my weekly OLD POSTCARD WEDNESDAY posts! Wednesday, each week.

Happy PFF to one and all.

Sparky said...

I couldn't use that, I'd be trying to munch on the stamps!! ha ha I even love the smell of chocolate. :o)

Postcardy said...

They really look like real chocolate. I wonder if someone will make some real chocolates to match the stamps.

Beth Niquette said...

Whoah! Just looking at that makes my mouth water. Egad!

(grin)

Vicky said...

wow, this is really cool!

fortuitous faery said...

OMG, chocolate stamps?! now that's sinfully sweet!

viridian said...

Yum yum I love chocolate. great start to PFF.

Mandala Michelle said...

I just finished a delicious piece of dark chocolate. How fitting! Yummy post today : )

Chris Overstreet said...

The question on my mind is: when did cacao beans arrive at the port city of Bayonne, New Jersey? Must look that up.

I think the scented stamps are a great idea; perhaps future stamps could feature the scent of escargot or pattes de grenouilles.

lorhen82 said...

Those look good enough to eat! I've never seen any scented stamps before. This isn't the first time your blog has made me hungry!!! ~Lori

Debby said...

OH!!! SO yummy!!!! This is so awesome. Really great post.
Debby

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

OH MY GOSH! Calorie free chocolate with a two year shelf life....sign me up! Tre Magnifique.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! They are beautiful and look so real! The smell would drive me crazy! :)

RedLan said...

Wow, it looks so yummy. I can't help myself. The chocolate inspired scented stamps are so beautiful!

Polly Forns said...

I'm not a big chocolate fan, but wow, what a great idea! I hope the US Postal Service copies it with pizza! Then I'll be a "stamp-licker" for life!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

P.S. since I'm new to your blog...I thought I'd take a peek at your past posts and ended up in March sometime.
I can see why you've got so many followers. I enjoyed each and every post! Your such a delight!

Sweet wishes,
Sara

{oc cottage} said...

Now those are stamps!!!!!


m ^..^

Marie said...

Bonjour Marie! I just had to join your fun Postcard Friendship post. By the way, can you send me a couple of those chocolate postcards, sil vous plait?
-marie

Professor Dru said...

What software is used to make creative postcards?

Chandy said...

Oooh, chocolate! I love those postcards already! LOL

Will be joining soon!

Teresa said...

Those chocolate stamps are so awesome. Maybe I'll use them on invitations to a Chocolate Event.

I'm new to your blog and want to say thanks for giving me something to look forward to writing about on Fridays.

Teresa said...

Pardon my last post...I meant postcards :)

steviewren said...

I'll take chocolate in any form it comes in. I like it that the French can be counted on to celebrate the important things in life!

MuseSwings said...

Mmmm chocolate stamps. They had better be self stick or else licking them would be dangerous.(cough) (cough)

JamaGenie said...

This couldn't have come at a better time. A woman named Elena made us drool in a hub about her recent vacation to chocolateries in Europe, so I posted the link to the stamps on her page at Facebook. Such sweet revenge... lol!

Pat said...

Who wants to just scratch and sniff?? I'd like to eat them! What a great idea. This summer I will be visiting Hershey, Pennsylvania, not far from where I grew up. I wonder if they ever thought of this....

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy PFF !
WOW Yummy stamps .
What an amazing idea .
Thank you for being such an awesome Hostess of PFF.
Such a fun event.
Love the variety.
Blessings of joy to you and yours.

JamaGenie said...

I wonder how many of them actually get used. Seems more like a novelty item to stick in a drawer. They are quite pretty after all.

Four-eyed-missy said...

Now that is something unique, indeed! Marie, I am sorry for not being able to join in the past two weeks. I was so busy with work! Now that everything has settled down, I'm back again :)

Would love that chocolates in my postbox!!

Postcards Crossing

Floss said...

Hi! I just bought 10 of those stamps this morning, to send out my last party invitations! Amazing, aren't they?

Sheila said...

I was hoping they would do several denominations, but apparently they are only doing them for internal mail. There's very little room on a card for extra stamps - only for people with compact addresses. :)

ilyani said...

yummy!!

I'd even eat the stamps without knowing! :D

Margo said...

this would only have been both conceived and executed in France, I think. Love it. Happy PFF!

Master said...

Hello from Pakistan!
Happy Postcard-Crossing Friendship!!!

You have a very nice collection here.

I am Cheema from Pakistan. I am a new postcrosser at postcrossing.com site. I have also made a couple of beautiful blogs promoting my hobbies and sharing my collection.

My postcrossing's profile can be seen at:
http://www.postcrossing.com/user/cheema

At the moment, I am interested in Blog link exchange. If interested, you can add my blog to your postcrossers list and leave me a message at faisalcheema44@gmail.com or leave a comment on my blog http://mycoolpostcardcollection.blogspot.com/

I am also interested in swapping postcards with world UNESCO heritage site from your country. Can you send me any such card? At the moment (25 Apr 2009), I donot have any UNESCO site card from anywhere so all are welcome. Afterwards it will be selected cards which I would be missing. If its possible please send me the name of the site in your message and we can go ahead with our swap.

In return I can send you a nice postcard with beautiful landscape or UNESCO heritage sites from Pakistan - which I think will be a nice addition in your collection?

So are you interested....???

Waiting anxiously for your kind reply
Best Regards
Yours Cheema

Daryl said...

So when you lick them do they taste chocolate-y? Dark or Milk?

My card today is a reminder from my vet ...

Happy PFF and Happy Weekend to all!

Paul van Yperen said...

A delicious post, Marie.

Chandy said...

He, he... I forgot to link up at midnight when I published the post. But I'm here now! ;-)

Miss_Yves said...

Humm!....I 'll go to the post-office in a few minuts !

Tina said...

now thats just too tempting for me not to take a little bite lol

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Oh my, those look yummy.

Kathy McCreedy said...

Hi all! Please forgive me for posting twice, and Marie, if you can, please delete one of my postings... so sorry about that! I guess I'm too impatient! The chocolate stamps is a terrific idea and I have to find out how to order some from the states! Tres chic! Great post, thanks for sharing, all my best, Kathy.

Unknown said...

Please, nobody eats them /licks them up. The postcard has to get to its destination!
I love chocs, so what should I do???

Starman said...

"chocolate scented stamps"...that's just cruel!

Floss said...

Well, they smell strongly of chocolate but also of something else - paper and glue I suppose. They would not fool anyone in a blindfold smell test, I should think, but they are chocolatey!

Aimee said...

Mmmm...they almost look good enough to eat!

BeNotForgot said...

Oh my goodness! It definitely would NOT do for my "mailman" sister to have to deliver mail with THOSE stamps -- she is the most addicted chocoholic I know! Thanks again for PFF!

Patricia said...

thanks for the follow! I followed back.

http://womanofcolour.blogspot.com

Irene said...

Thank you so much for asking about my mother, you're sweet. My mother has dementia, so it's not going to get better, We try to visit and keep her interested in life, but it's very frustrating and depressing. It's a horrible disease.

ChaChaneen said...

Oh my stars, look at your fan club today! ha ha Hmmm, gotta go and get me some chocolate now! Mmmmmmm Have a great weekend my beautiful friend!

Tussy said...

I'm hungry now, want to have Chocolate.

My Bangkok Through My Eyes!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oh goodness, I wrote up my post as soon as I got up this morning and have been visiting PFF links all day - and I totally forgot to leave my own link LOL

Thanks for hosting this and for asking me to join.

Beverley Baird said...

What a unique stamp.
I couldn't resist joining in the fun. This is my first post to Postcard Friendship Fridays.

MissRedLips said...

chocolate scented stamps?! i'm in love.

Lori E said...

A little too late to enter now but I do have stamps with the image of my 11th great grandfather, Louis Hebert on them.

Robin said...

What ever will they think of next?

:-)

dmarks said...

Wonkastamps. A great idea.

Trupti said...

Chocolate covered stamps!? What! Where do I get me some of those!?

Friendship Poems said...

Where do I get these stamps?

HereBeDragons said...

Mmm Mmm Good!

Louloupi said...

I'm just discovering your blog ...


stamps feel really good I confirm ;-)

Louloupi a french mail-artist ;-)

Kind regards,