Memorial Day Vintage Postcard

memorial day vintage postcard

What a sweet smooch spree! This couple is commending Decoration Day (the name was changed to Memorial Day in 1882) with a kiss! Or are they perhaps just scrutinizing the back of the flag?

Come join in the Blue Monday fun!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

43 cool cats commented:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, that is absolutely adorable! What a fun Memorial Day/Blue Monday post!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Wiregrass Steve said...

Great postcard! I think they're discussing cookout plans.

Celine said...

That's just priceless! :)

Sparky said...

That is adorable! Yeah, that's it, they're scrutinizing the back of the flag. [roflol!!] Happy Memorial Day my friend. :o))

Amy said...

Happy Memorial Day to you and your family.

Maggi said...

That is the cutest postcard!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Very cute postcard--so glad you shared it☺

Happy Blue Monday to you!

Sharon said...

Love the smooching! Very nice postcard!

Inday said...

I am a postcard collectors myself. Goodness can you imagine how much junk I have collected? I am qualified to live in a Museum infact. haha. Thanks for following my blog. I'll try to visit you again. And yes, I got your code to add in my Australia: Quadrat in Focus.

Marty Mason said...

Love your Blue Monday....Memorial Day....post card. Delightful.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Cute vintage postcard...there is no doubt that couple is engaged in a little public naughtiness...adorable. <3

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Cute! Happy Blue Monday and Memorial Day.

Blessings,
Sandi

NatureFootstep said...

Great image for blue monday. You gave me an idéa. Maybe I use our flag some day. :)
Thanks for your comment.

Cezar and Léia said...

Sweet post! One of the most gracious for Memorial Day! I like to think that they're rather smooching!
Léia

annies home said...

that picture is so sweet

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

how cute! I hope they are smooching and not looking at the flag detail! Susan

ChaChaneen said...

Oooooooo they are smooooooching! ha ha Cute card! I hope you are working hard and will have a glorious day in the shop.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful picture. That is really cute. Have a wonderful day.

sepiadreams said...

Love it !!! Happy weekend...Love Tiina...

SmilingSally said...

Cute postcard. Happy Blue Monday.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Ooh, I like it! Charming!

Daryl said...

Thanks to all who have served and continue to serve to protect us all

lv2scpbk said...

Love the postcard. I collect postcards from my hometown and some just because I like them.

Loni Edwards said...

Happy Memorial Day! Very sweet card!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Love it! Happy Memorial Day to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I love vintage post cards and especially this one :>) Happy Memorial Day and Happy Blue Monday!
I think they are smooching for sure ♥

Linda Hughes said...

I think it's a smooch! Happy Memorial Day and Blue Monday, too.

Starman said...

I don't remember it being called "Decoration Day"

♥Mimi♥ said...

Each and every time I find a blog, or someone stops by and I go to visit their blog, and our fallen heros are honored, my heart swells with pride.

We need to teach the kids that this is not just a three day weekend filled with a parade and hot dogs. This holiday means so, so much more.

Polly said...

Marie,

Thank you for the follow, I love your blog. Such lovely vintage postcards!

Polly

Marie said...

This is a very nice way to celebrate Memorial Day, Marie. Ca dédramatise !

Tina said...

haha thats really sweet!

~Cheryl said...

Haha! Love it!

Debby said...

Great card, thanks for sharing.
debby

2sweetnsaxy said...

How cute! :-)

Penney said...

Loved this card! So sweet!..
xo,penney

twinkle teaches said...

Love this one! I guess they were sharing a "Freedom Kiss?"
:) tina

Clueless in Boston said...

Very nice postcard for Memorial Day. Make love not war, it's healthier.

imjacobsmom said...

Cute, cute! Happy Blue Monday! ~ Robyn

david mcmahon said...

Beautiful retro image.

Pat said...

Very cute. Perhaps they're counting the stars?

claude said...

A nice and patriot postcard for that day.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think they're counting the stars...er...well, maybe they are. ;-)