Play That Funky Music White Boy!

cherry vintage postcards

The cherries on my tree are finally ripe! A big ole cherry pie is in the oven and I'm bopping around the house to the band Wild Cherry:) Believe me... you KNOW this song! Would you like a piece of pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? It's almost ready!

Come join the vintage thingey fun!




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

46 cool cats commented:

Polly Forns said...

This was a GREAT and hilarious post! I am still laughing!

Veronica Lee said...

LOL, your posts never fail to make my day!! Thank you so much!!!

claude said...

Nor a lot af cherries in our tree, Not enough for a pie, Thay are not ripe yet and when they will be ripe, we will not bet at home

Loni Edwards said...

This is great! Thanks for the giggle! Did you hear/see Adam Lambert's version on American Idol? It was GREAT!

Virginia said...

Yes I would like a slice with my morning coffee. Do you deliver??HA
I'll play the video when everyone around this place wakes up.
V

Pat said...

Yum, yum, love those cherries. Will listen to the music when I am home....

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Heck Marie, you have me dancing around now at 4:30 am...Now that song will be in my head ALL DAY long!!!! (& that's a good thing)
Thank you for sharing your excitement...oh and mail me a piece of pie please!
everything vintage

dizzymslizzy said...

What a blast from the past...too funny! I will take a slice of that cherry pie, Marie. Please send COD!

ayamlin said...

Hi Marie!
How've you been?
actually I'm pregnant even though I don't write it on my blog.
I'm happy but I'm feeling sick and get tired easily. but I have to go to work. So I've been having tough days.
I wish I went over to your house and have some pieces of cherry pie!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh my! I haven't heard that song in ages! Now it's stuck in my head! We used to have a cherry tree! I loved those sour cherry pies!

Coloradolady said...

Well, cherry is my favorite pie...always...I hope you save me a slice! Sounds delish.

Lovely postcard. I always enjoy your postcards, you always find the right one to post!

Have a great VTT.

Professor Dru said...

This is so funny! I love the way you mixed the old with the new.

Susan said...

Love the postcard and cherry pie. But recognized the song and had no clue who sang it. I am still LOL.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Haha you make me laugh so much!

Maggi said...

I love that song! lol I bet that pie was delicious and a great card too!

Lowell said...

Cherries are my very favorite fruit! And cherry pie is the best pie in the world. I'm on my way!

Postcardy said...

I love cherry pie.

I never heard of that band, so I watched most of the video. A cute name, but I definitely like the postcard better.

Sparky said...

I remember that song! It was funny then like now.
I like the postcard. My husband likes cherries, I'm an apple pie girl. :o)

Bea said...

I would love a piece of cherry pie a la mode! Great postcard and great post.

Becky said...

I know I'm a strange one but I don't really like cherries. It could have something to do with a 1968 drive-in movie adventure with my Dad and little brother and the entire box of chocolate covered cherries we ate along with hotdogs and popcorn.

BUT Wild Cherry! That song was one of my High School Senior Class songs. Memories of dances in the gym after football games!

Kimberly said...

Oh man, that was FUN! I was rockin' out at my desk at work :D

Professor Dru said...

I like a cherry on an ice cream sundae, but do not like cherry pie or the chocolate covered cherries.

Professor Dru said...

I also remember this song back in the day, but had not clue as to who sang it.

Daryl said...

She is sticking her tongue out .. I am so laughing ...and you've got me boppin' in my office chair ..

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

this is funny post and I like it! hehehehe

j said...

I'm movin' and groovin' and dancin' to the beat now.

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Gorgeous postcard!

Donna said...

SSSSSSSSooooooooooooooooo funny lol

Jim said...

Hi Marie, I would rather have cherry pie than Spam. I get too much spam already, noted by looking at my inbox.

I had a cherry tree in our back yard when I was growing up on the farm. It was 'mine' because I had to pick the cherries and tend to the tree. Guess about the time your postcard picture was taken.

Thanks for you visit to my RT and the nice comment. I am just now getting around to my visitors.
Adi is doing nicely now, we did do our visit with older people at the local assisted living home yesterday. She loved that and got really excited when she figured out what we were doing.
She has cut back on the water but still drinks a lot.
..

lorhen82 said...

I just love that your cherries reminded you of that song! LOL And what a coincidence...I'm just getting ready to bite into a cherry turnover...MMMMM!!! Enjoy your pie! ~Lori

lorhen82 said...

BTW...the video clip was great! I always liked that song, but that video just makes me giggle!

Cezar and Léia said...

wow They are FASHIONNNNN !Stylish !!!!
Look at that "silver jacket "What a 'FUNKY MUSIC' LOL
Funny Marie!
HEy...I want two cherry pies, please! :-O
Léia

Anonymous said...

LOL thank you for the great post!

EG CameraGirl said...

Cherry pie? Save some for me...I'm on my way!

Anonymous said...

i want a cherrt pie with ice cream right now
yum!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Did you say there were left overs? I will be right over.

Iris

Floss said...

Just had (another) bowl myself, thanks! I haven't actually got round to cooking ours yet, as they're still so good raw. I had no idea that this song had a cherry link!

elsa said...

LOL! that is fantastic! he can jam!

and taht postcard is *delightful*

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

fun!

Diana Cohen said...

Thanks for becoming a follower. Love your blog.

Diana

ChaChaneen said...

ha ha That is sooooo funny! It almost looks like she is sticking her tongue out but it's really a cherry in her mouth. ha ha You're so funny, oh my gut hurts from laughing. Have a great day!

Starman said...

You have your own cherry tree? I used to have a mango tree, a grapefruit tree, a lemon tree and two trees with fruit about which I had no idea.

Linda Hughes said...

I am sooo envious of you and your cherry pie! We have two cherry trees in our orchard, but rarely get to eat any of them. The frost or the birds take care of them for us! If I could have a piece of your pie I would love some vanilla ice cream on it! Yummy

As for the Spam...I've tasted it and the only thing I can say is thank goodness it helped the troops! Otherwise Oh Yuck!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Thanks for puttin' a spring or should I say dance in my step.
Wild Cherry brought back a flood of memories of my American Bandstand days.
I like to dance and eat my pie too.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Clueless in Boston said...

I particularly like her cherry earrings. You deserve a pat on the back for today's post.

{oc cottage} said...

Uh, yah... do I ever know that song! ;)

m ^..^