Vitamin Packed Vintage Postcards

vintage postcards
You're busted! The jig is up! This is the end of the line for you! Your carrots are cooked? What??



In French 'les carrottes sont cuites' means that it's all over rover. This expression always has me rolling:)



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

9 cool cats commented:

Marie Reed said...

I am going to Germany this morning! I'll be back on line to comment on blogs tonight:)

dive said...

Oh, my … That brought back all the horrors of the new, fangled "processed foods" of my youth in the 1960s, Marie.
Everybody stopped buying fresh local veggies and started buying intensively farmed crap in tins and jars, full of preservatives.
Ewww!
I'm off to the kitchen to munch a real carrot and get rid of the awful memories.

Have a boffo time in Germany!

David said...

Marie, It's hard to believe that with all of the fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables available today that canned fruit and veggies still sell. Hope your travels to Germany go well. David

Lori said...

Umm... What is that laid across the bowl of diced carrots? It's kind of freaking me out. Although Jacob would probably eat it. ;)

I can't wait to use that expression on my kids! "Who painted the t.v.?? Your carrots are cooked!"

Tess Kincaid said...

Good morning Rebecca! Come on over to the Manor...there's an award waiting for you! :D

Starman said...

Those aren't really postcards, are they?

Katie said...

Another great French saying for me to memorize! It's a bit odd, but I guess so is saying someone's "goose is cooked". I agree with Dive that the thought of canned veggies is pretty horrible. Luckily I never had to eat canned veggies as a kid in the 60s and 70s because my mom had a garden! Hope you had fun in Germany -- were you there hunting postcards?

soulbrush said...

ha ha, here we say 'your goose is cooked', meaning the same thing.hope you find some interesting cards in germany...btw, would you like me to send you some from england if and when i see them?

MuseSwings said...

Marie, have a nice time in Germany or your goose is cooked :-)
What is that raw goat leg with rubber bands around it doing on that dish of carrots? With food pictures looking as they did back in the 40's and 50's it's a wonder anyone ever bought any advertised food product.