Spikey Porcupine Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards
The porcupine is the third largest rodent after the capybara and beaver. King Solomon kept 300 of them as pets!


This antique postcard is especially spikey when enlarged. I am a sucker for old zoo cards. Don't touch! You might prick your finger:)


I found a video of a baby porcupine eating a banana. The little critter has the hiccups too!





Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

11 cool cats commented:

M.K. said...

That has GOT to be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen!! I had no idea they were so cute, and ... cuddly? Honest, he looks cuddly!

David said...

Marie, Love the zoo postcard! The next time I"m in Paris I'll have to visit their zoo (the list grows).

No, I didn't get your e-mail. Technology can be a pain.

Betsy Brock said...

Funny how he looks soft instead of prickly! Really cute!

Lori said...

Wow, the top picture and the video are so cute, but the ones in the second picture are kind of scary!

Greg C said...

They are so cute when they are little but I bet they do pack a mean punch.

Ming said...

That porcupine just made my day!

Daryl said...

They are so sweet looking and so ouchy to touch

:-Daryl

dive said...

Aaaaaah! That is so cute, Marie!

soulbrush said...

i am not too fond of these guys, rather cuddle a koala bear any day!

jenny said...

i never thought i'd think a porcupine eating a banana would be so cute.

But then again, almost all baby animals are cute. As you have said before marie, it's their defense for survival (like when toddlers do something wrong, they save themselves by giving you the puppy dog eyes!)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

too cute! Hmmm. I wonder if (when hiccup-ing) he thought of singing the abc's?