Me Want More Vintage Cookie Postcards


Marie Reading Biscuits ... Now why would I have this framed and hanging in my kitchen?



Reading is a wee town in England. It's actually prononced 'Redding' for us silly Americans. I try to forget this though. My hobby is eating cookies while I read. I think that this postcard gives me liscense to do just that!


Me want more cookies!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards


13 cool cats commented:

potsy said...

Hello

David said...

Marie, me want cookie! What a great sign, I can see why it's hanging in your kitchen.

Jane Hards Photography said...

We silly Brits have loads of places like Bicester that are pronounced Bister(why!!!), It's just so annoying. Me Likey cookies too, or should a I say biscuits(bix kits, again how annoying)

Vintage, Altered art reminds me of those old Pears soap adverts. Now did they do postcards, I ask the expert?

Lori said...

I guess that second picture is of Biscuit Monster! ha ha haaaaa

I'm getting so worldly and sophisticated by reading your blog. :)

Spokelina! said...

I love cookie monster! One time I saw a cupcake decorated like Cookie Monster. Is that cannibalism?

soulbrush said...

marie biscuits were very popular in south africa where i grew up, when i came to the uk 22 years ago, they didn't have them....not in reading, not anywhere...boo hoo...

Marie Reed said...

Babooshka! They do have Pears postcards. Good idea! I'll write about that tomorrow:)

Maria said...

Funny: marie reed, it's ok when you say "Zum Kuckuck" if something goes wrong and you are annoyed.
But if you tell me that I have a bird, you say that I have bats in the belfry! :)

Pat said...

Oh, yummy! This would have been a good post for ABC Wednesday this week, if you participate, since this Wednesday is C. Anyway, I love your post, as usual, and since I am from Pennsylvania, I know that Reading is pronounced "Redding," since there's one in Penna. (There's a Redding in California!)

Anonymous said...

The story goes that cooks used a small amount of cake batter to test their oven temperature before baking a large cake and viola - the cookie was born! Was this amazing hand-held yummie merely an accident? It appears so.

Greg C said...

Me like cookies too.

That last postcard of the girl was fabulous. I love it.

Daryl said...

There's a Reading, PA .. also pronounced Redding ...

:-Daryl

CardCow said...

Funny, I actually have Cookie Monster hanging in my kitchen, reminding me to get milk for my cookies!