Vintage Strawberry Postcard and Cheetos

vintage postcards
Cheetos are cheddar cheesy and savoury chips in America...


In Japan they are strawberry flavored! The Japanese market is trying to capture woman who seem to prefer sweeter munchies! Which way do you swing?

For more strawberry posts see:
Women who Bathe in Strawberry Juice
Strawberry Beer and the Beatles


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

15 cool cats commented:

David said...

Marie, I love Cheeto's but a bag of these treats has about 1,000,000 empty calories so I avoid them. As for strawberries, I'd rather have fresh strawberries any day. David

M.K. said...

I might try their sushi before I'd eat that!! I do love cheetos - the real thing, not the knock-off brands. Then there's the cheetos after-taste: sucked finger tips :)

As I recall, the Japanese and Koreans aren't really into ultra sweet foods like us indulgent Americans. Interesting that they're trying to develop that market!

Webradio said...

Hummmm...

Elle sont apétissantes Tes fraises !

Lori said...

Ugh, that first picture almost made be barf! I must make sure that my kids don't see it or they'll be begging for some.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Oh no, One too far for me. Dfinitely a lost in translation food.

Maria said...

The strawberries look delicious!Thanks for stopping by and commentingt the batman film :D

Maria said...

Funny: Strawberries saved her scented neck!
Hahahaha!
What a history lesson :D

Daryl said...

I dont want sweet chips ... sweet is for cookies or fruit or ice cream or candy (sweets in the not US of A) ... Cheetos should be CHEESE-Y

:-Daryl

Tess Kincaid said...

Ick. I vote to leave the cheesy Cheeto's cheesy.

These do sound like a very typical Japanese snack!

soulbrush said...

don't ever eat chips (called crisps here in the uk) but strawberry flavoured,yuk, the mind boggles!

Ming said...

Savory over sweet!

Greg C said...

Where do you get all these postcards from? I had some cheetos last night. Nothing like cheetos and wine.

Anonymous said...

Okay - I love Cheeto's but avoid them like the plague. One is not enough and 50 of them are still not enough. I wonder if the Strawberry Cheeto's leave your fingers all sticky and pink instead of sticky and orange. Ewwww either way!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine strawberry flavored Cheetos -- salt and cheese all the way! Strawberries are best in their natural state; I don't like "strawberry flavored" things.

I agree with m.k. - I am half Chinese, and generally sweets aren't a big part of Asian culture. I have noticed that when sweets are eaten, they are either barely sweet, or extremely sweet.

Starman said...

Strawberry Cheetos? Hmmm, I'd have to try them. Are you aware that both links lead to the same page?