Catty Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards
In the 5th century BC the Greek scholar Herodotus observed that the owners of a cat shaved their eyebrows in mourning when it died.


My rabbit Matschpampe (that means muddy mess in German..... he was brown) died recently. Where's my razor?


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

14 cool cats commented:

M.K. said...

I'm sorry about your rabbit! I hope he lived a long life. Do you have other pets?

Marie Reed said...

Yes! I have two cats (Bonsai and Cresson)and 5 aquariums! Those fish of mine need to quit having babies! I have a turtle too:)

Marie Reed said...

Do you guys have pets?

Lori said...

Five aquariums, great googly moogly! My sympathies for the loss of your rabbit. How did he get along with the cats?

I did a cat post today too! We have 2 cats. I also have one pet baby.

Anonymous said...

We have two dogs...one is a Border Collie who is pushing 18 and is scary smart. Millie no longer hears or sees very well but she still gets around okay. Our other dog, Rebel, is an English Setter who is really sweet but quite the handful. Dogs are a man's best friend but I think that cats are totally cool, too.

Betsy Brock said...

So sorry about your rabbit. We have our first rabbit here...a Christmas present for our oldest. He has become the sweetest companion and we are enjoying him. We had two cats before that, whom I dearly miss! As far as the eyebrows....Oh my, what an interesting tradition! :)

Daryl said...

I am sorry about your rabbit ... but I do think that shaving your eyebrows is the appropriate sort of mourning .. perhaps if you didnt eat carrots for a month it would be a better way to show respect.

:-Daryl

Ming said...

Oh no... sad... he must be hopping around in that big carrot patch in the sky!

soulbrush said...

i am getting so hooked on my daily vp...no...i AM hooked. thanx

Daryl said...

Marie .. I have an award for you .. come and get it


:-Daryl

David said...

Marie, sorry about your rabbit, it's hard to lose a pet. I'm a cat person although I don't have one around right now.

The post card of the little girl is just wonderful.

Tess Kincaid said...

Hello and thanks for stopping by my place! It was so much fun to see your lovely smile on my guest book today! :D

Willow x o

So sorry to hear about your rabbit.

Katie said...

Cool postcard; the girl looks so innocent, and the cat so serene; but who knows what sort of craziness ensued after the photo shoot! My condolences about your bunny. Always sad when a pet passes on.

Unknown said...

DON'T DO IT! LOL!!! We are still mourning over the loss of our Guinea Pig. No more pets for us for a looong time!