Vintage Postcard Perfect

These caps would be vintage postcard perfect!


I think that these should be made the Olympic swimming cap standard for men and women. i'm sure that swimmers would happily give up their speedy records in the name of fashion.


I wouldn't feel goofy wearing one. Now where did I put my cat-eye glasses?.....


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

15 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Marie, I actually had a similar one of these when I was a kid! They were all the rage. Mine was acidic orange with little spikes like a sea urchin....

soulbrush said...

so did i! in the fifties, mie was blue with white daisie all over it, and i loved it.bring 'em back i say!

soulbrush said...

try again...mine was blue with white daisies...

M.K. said...

Never had one, but my mom did. Hers was a blue sea urchin variety.

Why would anyone ever think that was attractive?

dive said...

Woah!
Elegant, sophisticated and guaranteed to leave you with that lingering and alluring whiff of rubber in your hair.
I simply must dig up photos of my mum in hers.
Too much fun, Marie!

Katie said...

Marie these are awesome! Except for having to deal with, as Dive reminds us, "that lingering and alluring whiff of rubber in your hair" I would wear one all the time when swimming. Maybe someone can re-make these using the latest silicone technology (which I find also doesn't rip your hair out). Now I want a sexy 50s swimsuit, with a great old cap like this to match! Thanks for the perfect way to start my day off work!

Lori said...

Oh, my Laundry Monsters have got to have some of those. Immediately.

Daryl said...

Groovy ... flower power .. and they would make wonderful postcards maybe there's a way to combine them with those clever leather cards ...

:-Daryl

Starman said...

Those swimming caps almost make me wish I were female. If they're out of fashion, someone should make a statement by bringing them back.

Anonymous said...

Mine was white with white daisies - very hot! Those bathing caps actually did a pretty good job of keeping your hair dry - of course there were no guarantees as to what your hair would look like when you took it off. Ekkkkk!

Ming said...

I would feel goofy, but you would look groooovy!!!

Louis la Vache said...

So, Marie, "Louis" noticed your comment at Katiefornia, then he came here. Are you implying that Katie has that lingering and alluring scent of rubber in her hair? Inquiring minds want to know....

MuseSwings said...

I think these are long overdue for a comeback! They are sooooooo Esther Williams! I want the one bibi is describing in her comments. I'm off to the pool to do some syncronized swimming with the Mister.
Cynthia

Jane Hards Photography said...

I remember these rubbery monsters swimming towards me on ladies at the local pool as a child. Haven't seen one in years. Thanks you for the scary memory.

Unknown said...

Would you believe I actually had one of these? Man I must be old!