Vintage Postcard Pinup hearts Roomba

This vintage postcard pinup needs a pair of converse and a Roomba pronto.


Who here doesn't have a Roomba (robot vacuum cleaner) yet? They are the cat's meow. My Roomba even speaks French. It's little electronic voice tells you when to empty its bin or clean its brushes!




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards antique postcards

15 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

That's exactly how I look when I do my housecleaning! (Ha!)

Tell me, do Roombas really work? Don't they get stuck all the time? Just for smooth floors, not rugs? I've seen them here; imagine they speak Serbian...?

Marie Reed said...

Nope! My Roomba climbs mountains and forges streams. I was surprised
how well it hurdles things in
the house. He goes from
vacuuming a very thick rug and then plops down onto the tile floor without a problem. He doesn't gobble cables. He just sucks up the dust and moves on. I am really a big fan! It has saved me hours upon hours of cleaning time!

Maria said...

Oh that is an interesting thing! And you say it really works!
Is it very expensive still? It would be a great help! Our dog loses a lot of hair :>
Dear Marie, PLEASE come over to my blog because there is something waiting for YOU :)
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

My roomba goes where no man has gone before! Does a great job in places where I usually don't venture - like underneath beds and chairs and stuff. I actually inherited mine from my daughter so I am not sure of the price. They are fun though - a little like having Rosie the Robot around the house if anyone remembers the Jetsons.

M.K. said...

Oh my!! I'd never heard of a Roomba, although my 2 daughters had! My floors are a fright - don't tell them about the Roomba, or they'll go on strike until I buy one. That sounds Wunderbar!!

David said...

Marie, These are very big here in the US. My only question is how clean do they get the corners of rooms? I like the idea of this thing cleaning my home while I'm out playing golf or at the movies. Are you feeling better?

Lori said...

My @#$@^@ Roomba is broken! Maybe I should speak French to it. Teach me some French cuss words, Marie.

They are fabulous entertainment in a house with cats, too.

Betsy Brock said...

Hmmm...you make me want a Roomba! And you make my hubby want me to get that cute little cleaning outfit! ;)

Starman said...

I don't have a Roomba, but I've seen them in a few stores in Paris. They seem to be rather expensive.

And what does one do about cleaning in the corners?

Katie said...

Oohh that woman is some kind of saucy! Once she gets a Roomba she can just relax in this outfit and eat bonbons. I don't have a Roomba; I'm still stuck in the Swiffer/vacuum era. My apartment is so small that I don't really need one. My question, since you have long hair, is how well the Roomba handles that. My current vacuum can't quite handle it very well (it gets wrapped all around the roller).

Marie Reed said...

Starman - I think that anything in Paris is expensive! The price also depends on what model you get.
There are fancy pants ones
that you can even program
to start cleaning at a certain
time. I don't have one of those.
You can get them for under 200 bucks these days. They clean corners too. They have side brushes that swipe the dirt into the machine... oh noooo I'm starting to sound like an infommercial:)

Marie Reed said...

It seems to do ok in the hair wrapping around the roller department too!

soulbrush said...

did women really look like that then? no ways!

jenny said...

i haven't been running the roomba as often as I should...or more like as often as I had first intended when i was trying to justify the cost!

Hairs to do get around the rollers but the rollers are removable and the hairs are fairly easy to take out.

I've had it for awhile now and I've gotten to know his nuances. Like places where there's webs and dust, you'll see that they get pushed up above his height where he cannot reach. Hopefully he doesn't get a complex.

For Halloween, i'll get him a witch hat. :) Oh, that'll get knocked right off when he goes under the dresser. Nevermind, it's all work and no play for him!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Ooh I want one. Anything I can program to hoover while I'm out the house is fantastic. Of course I clean the house in the ladies outsit in the pic, complete with giant red lippy of course.