Vintage Postcard Boar

Boar bristle toothbrushes were used until around 1938.


Nylon bristles were first introduced by Dupont de Nemours (He's French. Yeah for the frogs!)

The first nylon toothbrush was called Doctor West's Miracle ! That is a nifty fancypants name:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.


7 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Hi, Marie! Didn't know Du Pont de Nemours introduced nylon bristles! They say boar bristles are best for your hair and shaving, but I'm not sure if I'd like a piggie hair in my mouth, even if they've been boiled, etc.

Anonymous said...

Yikes - someone needs to teach that boar some table manners. One thing is for sure Marie, your posts are never boaring! Ha!

David said...

Marie, I suddenly have a hankering for a ham sandwich. Thanks for checking in on my whereabouts. I'm taking a class in silk screen printing and things were hectic over the past two days.

M.K. said...

I'm trying to imagine putting boar's hair in my mouth. Bleck!

Lori said...

I wonder if boar bristle tootbrushes came in bacon flavor?

Daryl said...

Ummm ...

(hard to speak, I am brushing my teeth)

:-Daryl

Ming said...

What about floss? What's the history there? Hmmmm??