Vintage Postcard Altered Art


I have a crush on David. He takes vintage postcard images and gives them a dose of razzmatazz.



My eyes are drawn to her heart shaped lips in this first image. They are beautiful yet thin and harsh.


She is soft and rosy now. He gives the image such an ethereal touch. The focal point changes dramatically too My eyes now wander to her delicate hands and their position. This is eye ambrosia ladies and gentlemen. I salute you David!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards


10 cool cats commented:

Lori said...

Wow! I would love to see what he could do with your "About Me" picture.

soulbrush said...

i'm in love with him too giggle!

Anonymous said...

David's art is a lot like savoring a book instead of simply watching a movie - takes your mind to a higher level by exercising the imagination. Thanks Marie Isabelle.

David said...

Marie, I like Lori's ides. Please e-mail a copy of your "About Me" photo (125 dpi) and I we'll see what comes of it - if you think you'd like to give it a try.

Eric Tenin said...

She's the perfect illustration for the French song "Les roses blanches" (OK except that these roses are not "blanches"!).

Lovely.

Katie said...

I've just discovered David and his digital art. Sublime! I also like the top postcard; is it a hand-painted art postcard? The woman looks so delicate with that porcelain skin! Oooh, and the famous Eric is just above me; how exciting!

Daryl said...

Love this .. it gives them a whole other perspective and you know I love looking at things new ways

:-Daryl

Anonymous said...

Good work David !

Anonymous said...

The two of you make a nice combination.

Petrea Burchard said...

It's wonderful. Oh no! Two more blogs to fall in love with. Marie, I'll never get my work finished now.