Eiffel Tower Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards


There are 1665 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Put on your converse and lets go!

9 cool cats commented:

soulbrush said...

i saw the eiffel tower in 1991 and it took my breath away, like a set of matchsticks just placed in that spot, ethereal and wondrous, one of the most magical things in my life...but didn't climb it...yikes.

David said...

The elevators are never so crowded that I've considered walking up all those steps.

Anonymous said...

I saw the Eiffel Tower for the first time just a few years ago - it was a very cold November evening and the tower was all lit up - it one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. I love Paris! Have a great time in Germany, Marie. Don't eat too much Schnitzel!

Katie said...

Great old postcard! I think I climbed the Eiffel Tower once a long time ago; maybe this trip I'll have to do that again to work off all the pastries I'll be eating. Probably less fattening than Schnitzel though!

Betsy Brock said...

Wait...I'm coming, too!

marc aurel said...

I've seen the tower many times. (I used to go to school nearby), but what impresses me about your postcard is the huge globe next to it, surely bigger than the Brussels ATOMIUM OF 1958.

Lori said...

I think this is the first of your postcards that I've noticed writing on. What does it say?

I can just see my family at the Eiffel Tower. "Emily, stop climbing before you break something!!"

Tess Kincaid said...

WT said that the wind was so strong that the tower was swaying and creeking when he went up!

Lovely old card!!

Mescrap said...

This is so much lovely !!! OOh , i love Paris , esp Eiffel Tower !!