Postcard Haunting

vintage postcards

This is the official Beijing Olympics postcard. Isn't it purty? The smoke coming from the torch looks a bit like the ghost of an octopus. Or have I gone completely bonkers?


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

14 cool cats commented:

Lori said...

lol! Yes, it does look like an octopus ghost, and yes, you are completely bonkers. I'll have to show this to W & E, it's just the kind of thing they would love.

I've got something for you; stop by my blog. But don't bring the octoghost with you!

Daryl said...

Interesting that the shapes remind me of those Japanese paintings of sumani or tidal waves .. you know the one I mean?

:-Daryl

Betsy Brock said...

That is really neat! It almost looks like something subliminal on there! And yes, it does look like an octopus!

Tess Kincaid said...

Yes, you are right! I see an octopus there. It is a great postcard. Modern with some Asian. Nice. Thanks for sharing it!

dive said...

Wow! It really does!
That's just weird.
It must be a subliminal thing; I suddenly fancy octopus sashimi.

Anonymous said...

I may be completely bonkers too because I see a fire-breathing smoke-stack dramatically affecting the air quality index and the future of mankind as we know it. However, this reaction might be a result of the crummy tomato soup that I had for lunch instead of the nice ham sandwich that I really wanted!

Starman said...

I thought it was an octopus.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it does look like an octopus. Maybe it is a subliminal message...the tentacles represent reaching out to all the world?
But then I'm completely bonkers too....

Greg C said...

It looks like one to me too. How did you get one so fast?

M.K. said...

Yes, I see it too. And that looks like Mt. Fuji. Japan??

Ming said...

No no, you haven't. I completely thought it was a flying octopus!

Katie said...

Is this for the Winter Olympics? What's with a snow-covered mountain in the official postcard for the Summer Olympics? Maybe the octopus cloud means something too. I'm so confused!

soulbrush said...

i can't see the octopus, what's wrong with me....? help!

Betty Carlson said...

Images are very different in Asian cultures, I know.

I'm back in France and will be better about keeping up with blogging and commenting. It was kind of nice to have a break though.

Take care!