I Heart Baby Ruth Vintage Postcards

Which candy bar makes your heart thump the loudest? I'm a Baby Ruth kind of girl.




The bar is actually named after president Grover Cleveland's daughter Ruth! (snore) What a boring namesake. I thought that it was named after the baseball legend!


Next thing you know I'll find out that Butterfingers aren't named for clumsy people. Sigh... I'm going to go eat an apple instead.


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards

15 cool cats commented:

Kelly said...

Marie,
I am so glad to have found SITS through you! I absolutely love your blog, the history of the post cards, etc... A few years ago my grandmother- before she passed away- gave me tons of old greeting cards, postcards etc... from like 70- 80 years ago!Some had belong to my great great grandmother. They obviously never threw the cards out! They areone of my most treasured possessions! They give little clues to what my family history is & the time in which they lived!
Reading your blog makes me want to get them all out and admire them again!
****
You my dear, are gorgeous! Your "belle âme" shows in your eyes! Very pretty lady!

Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

ps~ I also have a "NOAH"!

Greg C said...

Way to ruin it for me. I always thought the Baby Ruth was named after Babe Ruth, OH well I still have other dreams.

Betsy Brock said...

Awww...I'm going to have to disagree here! Was the President's baby girl born while he was in office? If so, that would have been a national celebration and people probably flocked to the stores to by the candy bars! ha-ha!

Katie said...

What a fun card! I can just see that fashionable woman having a Baby Ruth bar tucked in her little purse. Interesting about the name. Now I'm all hot to do research on more candy names! Or maybe just eat candy bars. Hey, love your new photo!! Since seeing you in the PDP picnic I knew you had long hair. I like the sepia look too.

Jane Hards Photography said...

These bars neber made it to the UK. They look yummy. Never ending fascination for the offbeat facts you post.

MuseSwings said...

Marie, I've challenged you to a song game that is making the rounds - stop by my blog! Bring me one of those Baby Ruths, please!
Cynthia

Allegro ma non troppo said...

I wasn't hungry before I read your blog.

Pat said...

Yes, I knew the candy wasn't named after the baseball star, but I still love your humor, and please don't tell me Butterfingers weren't named after the clumsy! I'll be so disappointed. I love Butterfingers.

David said...

I loved Baby Ruth bars when I was a kid, Learning that they were not named for the Sultan of Swat didn't keep me from enjoying them.

The ad for the Baby Ruth makes me wonder if the candy bar was more expensive than a gallon of gas at one time.

Blog Bee said...

I'm surprised! I thought it was named after the baseball player too.

Lori said...

What?? Baby Ruths aren't named after the Babe? Next thing I know you'll be telling me that Lori's blog isn't named after me...

And check out the new About Me picture! You got it goin' ON, girly girl! :)

Millhill said...

Fun post...my mouth is watering...!! How do you know so much??? LOL...

Profile Not Available said...

I like Hershey's with almonds, but these are good too!

Daryl said...

Oh these are so good .... and your photo looks good enough to eat .. again!


:-Daryl

soulbrush said...

does look a bit crappy...too rich!