Rosy Vintage Postcards


I spent a rosy day in Provins!


This French medieval town is famous for it's rose candy, lemonade, jam, honey, soap, oil, tea, liqueur... Breakfast was a hunk of baguette smothered in perfumed rose petal preserves with too much butter. It was divine!



Good Ole Eleanor Roosevelt can make a girl gasp and giggle. 'I once had a rose named after me and was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against the wall.'


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards

5 cool cats commented:

David said...

Marie, Eleanor sure had a dry sense of humor - very funny. I watched a documentary on her life on the history channel last week - a very interesting person. Her life was well lived and she accomplished much.

The rose preserves sounds yummy.

M.K. said...

That breakfast sounds excellent. "Too much butter" is the perfect amount!

Blog Bee said...

Oh! My grandma taught me how to preserve rose petal in sugar. It is delish on rice pudding!

Lori said...

"Breakfast was a hunk of baguette smothered in perfumed rose petal preserves with too much butter." Mmmm! That sounds like you should change your last name to Antoinette!

*sigh* I'm going to eat some instant grits now.

Profile Not Available said...

Too funny!