Elvis' Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich


Elvis was a peanut butter and banana sandwichaholic. I'm sure that he liked vintage postcards too:) Davis from Digital Art gave me this sticky tip. Elvis ate 12 - 15 of these babies a sitting with a tall glass of buttermilk.




  • 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
  • 1 small ripe banana mashed
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 pieces of white bread

Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the mashed banana on the other. Press the slices gently together. Melt the butter (or to be truly Elvis-like, melt bacon fat!), over low heat in a small frying pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. Gobble down while listening to Elvis tunes!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards


8 cool cats commented:

Betsy Brock said...

Oh my...12-15 sandwiches? Maybe that is why he lost that sleek, trim body in later years!

Lori said...

That was grossing me out until you got to the part about the frying pan. Now I'm thinking, hmmm, yum!

Blog Bee said...

It's a good sandwich. I like it with peanut butter, banana, and honey. It's like a dessert sandwich!

Pat said...

Sorry, this sound gross to me! I like peanut butter and I like bananas, but not together. And sorry again, buttermilk's not my drink!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I have to confess that I'm with blog bee. It's an instant sugar hit,banana, peanut butter and honey. Must be malted or granery brown bread though. we must maintain a modicum of
decorum.

David said...

Marie, I'm not sure how I missed this post. I think that it was the PB&B sandwiches that killed him, not drugs.

Pink Princess said...

Came to this blog in passing and thought to leave a comment.

AS an avid Elvis fan (I named my kitten after him even hehe)I have to say: MMMMMM sounds not too bad! I love PB and banana, but would leave the honey off ♥

Pink Princess said...

Hi Marie! Nice to see your comment on my BLOG!! I left of your name, but will do it RIGHT now, hehe.
Hé, we're not far apart: You in France, me in the Netherlands, :)

Bonsoir neighbour :D